Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt posted today

From: Rodney Dunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 18:00:50 -0400

OPSEC members,

We have posted the -02 revision today to 
draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt

In it we have addressed all feedback thus far including the much 
requested V6 additions which represented the last outstanding item we 
had not previously incorporated.

We would appreciate any and all review comments.

Thanks,
Rodney/David/Carlos

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [OPSEC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt
Date: Fri,  6 Aug 2010 14:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Operational Security Capabilities for 
IP Network Infrastructure Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Protecting The Router Control Plane
	Author(s)       : D. Dugal, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2010-08-06

This memo provides a method for protecting a router's control plane
from undesired or malicious traffic.  In this approach, all
legitimate router control plane traffic is identified.  Once
legitimate traffic has been identified, a filter is deployed in the
router's forwarding plane.  That filter prevents traffic not
specifically identified as legitimate from reaching the router's
control plane or rate limited to an acceptable level.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-opsec-protect-control-plane-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.