Subject: [Ospf-manet] Simulation Accuracy??

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 21:01:53 -0500

Y'all:

I was recently on a call where some of the limitations of the 
simulations we're using were outlined. I don't beleive the majority of 
the people on the list understand these limitations, so I believe it's 
important to lay them out, since the entire decision on which algorithm 
to use appears to be set to be decided strictly on these rather limited 
simulations.

- -- The simulations, as they are currently written, do not emulate many 
receivers with different radio ranges, or changing radio ranges.

- -- The simulations, as they are currently written, do not emulate 
different devices travelling at different speeds.

I believe some of my other concerns with the simulations, including such 
things as the density of the nodes in the test, may be addressed by some 
of the proposals I've been told are forthcoming on list. Still, all in 
all, I believe analysis for protocol correctness is a much better method 
of choosing protocol enhancements, rather than simulation results.

:-)

Russ

- -- 
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone

_______________________________________________
Ospf-manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-manet