Subject: [Ospf-manet] new technical report published

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:37:11 -0800

All,
We've done some more work on the scenarios that Stan Ratliff presented
at IETF-64, and have summarized our findings in this brief report:
http://hipserver.mct.phantomworks.org/ietf/ospf/reports/Boeing-IETF64-An
alysis.pdf

Here is the abstract:

"The IETF OSPF WG is evaluating two proposals for OSPF MANET extensions.
At IETF-64, Stan Ratliff from Cisco Systems presented data that showed
Overlapping Relays with Smart Peering yielded lower overhead than MANET
Designated Routers in sparse, highly mobile networks.  Since that
meeting, we have worked with Cisco to try to replicate and explain the
reported results.  The IETF-64 results have since been retracted by
Cisco.  This memo goes into further detail to explain the discrepancies
and to present more current results for the scenarios of interest."

Our most current software release contains the simulation code and
scripts to reproduce these results.

Tom and Phil

_______________________________________________
Ospf-manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-manet