Subject: RE: [Ospf-manet] Re: Regarding OSPF MDR

From: "Dearlove, Christopher \(UK\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 09:29:57 -0000

From: Richard Ogier [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>It is acceptable to allow the link metric to depend on link
>quality, as you know (since OLSR does this).

If by OLSR you mean RFC 3626 (or the OLSRv2 draft) then, no, the
link metric does not depend on link quality. Link quality may
cause a link not to be used, but if a link is used then it has
a metric of one. That isn't to say that this isn't a possible
extension, but it's not in the actual specification of OLSR.

Please note that I'm not saying anything for or against any of
the proposals being addressed, just commenting on this one
specific point.

********************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended
recipient and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender.
You should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or
distribute its contents to any other person.
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
Ospf-manet mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf-manet