Subject: [OSPF] RFC3630 - Local and Remote Interface IP address

From: "Pandian, Vijay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 20:56:06 -0400

Section 2.5.3 indicates that there can be more than one Local Interface IP
address assigned to a (numbered) TE-Link. Similarly, section 2.5.4 indicates
that there can be more than one Remote Interface IP Address assigned to a
(numbered) TE-Link.
 
Is there any requirement that the number of Local Interface IP address
assigned to a given TE-link match the number of Remote Interface IP address.
 
Specifically, can a TE-Link have just one Local Interface IP address but
multiple Remote Interface IP Address or vice-versa?
 
Best regards,
 
Vijay
_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

---

From: "Pandian, Vijay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:44:25 -0400

Hi Dimitri,

Section 2.4.2 of rfc3630 says: "The Link TLV describes a single link."

Section 2.5.3 of rfc3630 says: "The Local Interface IP Address sub-TLV
specifies the IP address(es) of the interface corresponding to this link."

Section 2.5.4 of rfc3630 says: "The Remote Interface IP Address sub-TLV
specifies the IP address(es) of the neighbor's interface corresponding to
this link."

Doesn't this mean the Local and Remote Interface IP Address sub-TLV
corresponds to just ONE TE-Link?

There is no mention of "components" anywhere in this document. Even in
rfc4201, it is not clear that when multiple (component) TE-Links are
aggregated as a single numbered bundled link, there can be more than one
Interface IP address used for Local and Remote Interface IP Address.

Could you please provide a reference where this is clarified as the mean for
advertising multiple components at once. 

Thanks and best regards,

Vijay

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:57 AM
To: Pandian, Vijay
Subject: Re: RFC3630 - Local and Remote Interface IP address

hi vijay - this was meant for advertizing multiple components at once

"Pandian, Vijay" <[email-masked]>
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/07/2006 02:56
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Subject:        RFC3630 - Local and Remote Interface IP address

Section 2.5.3 indicates that there can be more than one Local Interface IP 
address assigned to a (numbered) TE-Link. Similarly, section 2.5.4 
indicates that there can be more than one Remote Interface IP Address 
assigned to a (numbered) TE-Link.
 
Is there any requirement that the number of Local Interface IP address 
assigned to a given TE-link match the number of Remote Interface IP 
address.

Best regards,
 
Vijay