Subject: [OSPF] Revision draft on OSPF Graceful Restart: draft-holla-update-ospf-graceful-restart-02.txt

From: sujay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:37:25 +0530

Hi, 

Please find attached a revised draft proposing improvements to existing OSPF
Version2 graceful restart RFC.

The 01 draft version was presented at the 66th meet, some points and
feedbacks where also captured.
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/ospf-4/sld1.htm

Some of which have been incorported ;
1.) It clarifies helper router behaviour on reception of multiple grace
lsa's.
2.) Introduction of a "generic" Explicit Signalling from Helper signalling
non participation.
3.) Configurable parameters section and certain possible implementation
guidelines removed.

It was also understood at the meet, that perhaps there is no *immediate*
need for this draft.
While we partially agree to it, our proposal in brief is;

" The suggestions in the draft are just an 'add-on' over the current
RFC3623, it in no way changes or requests for change in the current
implementations. It is backwardly compatible.The proposals may be
implemented in part or whole to achieve a significant improvement  in GR
convergence.
It also resolves certain grey areas for protocol implementors. 

Hence; we would like to maintain this as an "Informational" document."

Request any valuable comments or suggestions.
For any queries please reply to [email-masked]; [email-masked]
[email-masked];

Thanks & Regds,
Sujay G
My Location;
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229&spn=4.724852,7.525085&t=h
&hl=en

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it! 
_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf