Subject: Re: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol' to Proposed Standard

From: Ross Callon <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:39:29 -0500

The authors, in response to comments received since this approval, have decided to make a further update to this document (as has been announced to the L3VPN and OSPF email lists in recent mail from the authors). We have therefore taken the unusual step of unapproving this document and returning it to the WG for additional work. 

Thanks, Ross 
(as AD for the L3VPN WG)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: 21 December 2009 12:29
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: l3vpn chair; Internet Architecture Board; l3vpn mailing list; RFC Editor
Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'OSPFv3 as a PE-CE routing protocol '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-ospfv3-pece-04.txt

Technical Summary

   Many Service Providers (SPs) offer Virtual Private Network (VPN)
   services to their customers using a technique in which Customer Edge
   (CE) routers are routing peers of Provider Edge (PE) routers.  The
   Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is used to distribute the customer's
   routes across the provider's IP backbone network, and Multiprotocol
   Label Switching (MPLS) is used to tunnel customer packets across the
   provider's backbone.  This is known as a "BGP/MPLS IP VPN".
   Originally only IPv4 was supported and it was later extended to
   support IPv6 VPNs as well.  Extensions were later added for the
   support of the Open Shortest Path First protocol version 2 (OSPFv2)
   as a PE-CE routing protocol for the IPv4 VPNs.  This document extends
   those specifications to support OSPF version 3 (OSPFv3) as a PE-CE
   routing protocol.  The OSPFv3 PE-CE functionality is very similar to
   the previously-specified approached for OSPFv2.

Working Group Summary

   No controversy reported (see PROTO writeup by Danny McPherson in the 
   ID Tracker). There were no objections during the WG Last Call on the
   document, and the utility of this specification is straight-forward,
   as well as both obvious and intuitive.

Document Quality

   No known implementations. 

Personnel

   Danny McPherson is the Document Shepherd for this document. Ross
   Callon is the Responsible Area Director.

RFC Editor Note

   All references to [BGP-EXTCOMM-IPV6] should be replaced by a 
   references to [RFC5701].

   In the informative references section (11.2), please remove the
   reference to [BGP-EXTCOMM-IPV6].

   Please add a reference to RFC5701 in the normative references 
   section (11.1).

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce