Subject: [OSPF] RFC 6987 on OSPF Stub Router Advertisement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:25:55 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6987

        Title:      OSPF Stub Router Advertisement 
        Author:     A. Retana, L. Nguyen,
                    A. Zinin, R. White,
                    D. McPherson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 10890
        Obsoletes:  RFC 3137

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-rfc3137bis-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6987.txt

This document describes a backward-compatible technique that may be
used by OSPF (Open Shortest Path First) implementations to advertise
a router's unavailability to forward transit traffic or to lower the
preference level for the paths through such a router.

This document obsoletes RFC 3137.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 00:54:28 +0000

Happy Birthday to Alex Zinin who managed to get an RFC published on the same day!

Begin forwarded message:

From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: September 10, 2013 8:25:55 PM EDT
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: RFC 6987 on OSPF Stub Router Advertisement
Reply-To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

       RFC 6987

       Title:      OSPF Stub Router Advertisement
       Author:     A. Retana, L. Nguyen,
                   A. Zinin, R. White,
                   D. McPherson
       Status:     Informational
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       September 2013
       Mailbox:    [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>,
                   [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
       Pages:      7
       Characters: 10890
       Obsoletes:  RFC 3137

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>.  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team

---

From: "Russ White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 23:13:26 -0400

> Happy Birthday to Alex Zinin who managed to get an RFC published on the

Is this the best birthday present ever, or... the geekiest? What I want to
know is how he arranged it, and if we should make a call to the Internet
Hall of Fame... 

:-)

Russ