Subject: [OSPF] ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address ready

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 06:39:53 +0530

Hi Acee and Abhay,

We think that the draft ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address> is ready
for OSPF WG last call. We've addressed all the comments that we had
received offline and on the mailing list. Can you please suggest the next
steps?

Thanks, Manav

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 00:15:54 +0000

Hi Manav,
One concern is that more than one way to advertise a routable address has evolved. We now have the node flag associated with a routable address in  "OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement" (draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-05.txt). This has been implemented by 5 vendors and is on its way to the ADs prior to IESG review. What then, is the use case for this mechanism? The only one I could come up with is that the routable address would be co-resident with other OSPF RI. Additionally, you could give the OSPF RI domain-wide scope (type 11 opaque LSA) - but then, of course, you could also advertise the OSPF Prefix-Attribute LSA with domain-wide scoping. Also, has anyone implemented this?
Thanks,
Acee

From: Manav Bhatia <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM
To: OSPF WG List <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [OSPF] ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address ready

Hi Acee and Abhay,

We think that the draft ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-routable-ip-address> is ready for OSPF WG last call. We've addressed all the comments that we had received offline and on the mailing list. Can you please suggest the next steps?

Thanks, Manav