Subject: [OSPF] RFC 7684 on OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:37:00 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7684

        Title:      OSPFv2 Prefix/Link Attribute Advertisement 
        Author:     P. Psenak, H. Gredler,
                    R. Shakir, W. Henderickx,
                    J. Tantsura, A. Lindem
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 33236
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-link-attr-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7684

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7684

OSPFv2 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
with the fixed-format Link State Advertisements (LSAs) as described
in RFC 2328.  This document defines OSPFv2 Opaque LSAs based on
Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples that can be used to associate additional
attributes with prefixes or links.  Depending on the application,
these prefixes and links may or may not be advertised in the fixed-format
LSAs.  The OSPFv2 Opaque LSAs are optional and fully backward
compatible.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC