Subject: [P2Prg] Re: Re: [P2Prg] can P2P system trusted ?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:45:06 +0800 (CST)

Hi��
   I'm also working on secure  P2P computing for my phD. My idea is to define
some basic security problem for p2p,then try to solve them.Then build a secure 
p2p system with these security blocks.I can only define a big architecture but
can  solve at most one or two of the basic problems by myself.I am very glad to share ideas and discuss this subject with you . And there is tradeoff between performance and security for all application.  
> 
> I'm looking at secure decentralized networks for my PhD, especially using 
> the web of trust to define the topology of p2p networks. However I'm not 
> sure if that's a good place to start for most (non-paranoid) p2p networks, 
> because in most cases it's more efficient to connect directly to untrusted 
> nodes than to route every message through a chain of intermediaries. If you 
> have any thoughts or references on the subject I'd be interested to hear 
> them.
> 
> Cheers,
> Michael
> 
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 09:29:58AM +0800, wrote:
> > I think trust is just only one of the key problem of trusted p2p computing.
> > We also need secure routing/management/indentification/access control ...
> > But i found that there were only case-by-case solutions. Just like trust
> > web by reputation,we always can find one way to cheat the system. Maybe we
> > need to build a solid security foundation for p2p application for it to
> > walk into commercial application. Is there anyone else dedicated to work on
> > p2p security framework? 
> > 
  Haitao Chen

=============================================================
���г���ӯ���������� ���������Ŀ��        http://list.163.com/mlist/pzjg/pzjg.htm
�ٷְ�Ů�� - ����ѡ���!                 http://love.163.com
���˿ռ��������                           http://www.nease.net

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: "C. Wegrzyn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:57:12 -0400

I've been working on secure P2P systems for over two years. For those of 
you interested in secure P2P I've started a Yahoo group; check out 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/p2psecure/ .

Chuck Wegrzyn

[email-masked] wrote:

>Hi£¬
>ÅÌÖÐ³¬¼¶Ó¯Àû¾¡ÔÚÕÆÎÕ ÏíÊÜÀÉýµÄ¿ì¸Ð        http://list.163.com/mlist/pzjg/pzjg.htm
>°Ù·Ö°ÙÅ®ÓÑ - ´º¼¾Ñ¡ÃÀ»î¶¯!                 http://love.163.com
>¸öÈË¿Õ¼äÃâ·ÑÊÔÓÃ                           http://www.nease.net
>

---

From: "C. Wegrzyn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:57:12 -0400

Chuck Wegrzyn