Subject: Re: [P2Prg] Off Topic - Gnutella Research Links please

From: Adam Fisk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:57:30 -0400

I'd really recommend taking a look at the work coming out of Stanford at:

http://www-db.stanford.edu/peers/

On the general topic of search optimization, keep in mind that newer 
Gnutella clients, particularly LimeWire, already use a highly scalable 
search architecture that incorporates many ideas from the academic 
community.  There are still many optimizations to be made, but major 
steps have been taken -- increased use of indexing, dynamically 
adjusting queries based on how widely content is distributed, removal of 
almost all relay traffic, and the use of download meshes to locate 
multiple locations for files through the download process itself.  All 
of the papers from the IPTPS conferences are of course relevant ( 
http://iptps03.cs.berkeley.edu/ ), as are the various RFCs published on 
the GDF -- not to plug our own stuff too much =).

Adam Fisk
LimeWire LLC

Patrick Kirk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm updating http://rfc-gnutella.sourceforge.net/ and I need some 
> links to put in the following sections:
>
> http://rfc-gnutella.sourceforge.net/research/
>
> http://rfc-gnutella.sourceforge.net/press/
>
> If anyone is aware of recent academic research that relates to 
> Gnutella or a press story that is not  are-hash of the 'RIAA are 
> mobsters' theme please send me details.
>
> Papers that I can host without copyright issues would be of particular 
> interest.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg