Subject: [P2Prg] Peer to peer telephony from the people you brought you Kazaa

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar \(UMKC-Student\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 20:40:02 -0500

fwd from canarie list:

[For those who have not discovered it yet, I highly recommend 
Skype - peer to peer telephony over the Internet.  It is the 
latest technology development from the same people who developed
Kazaa. It is free.  The audio quality is excellent and better
than most regular phone or cell phone connections. And it works 
superbly  over WiFi 802.11 networks. It is the perfect thing to 
avoid expensive cell phone or long distance charges, especially 
at any WiFi hot spot.  The question is whether Skype will do to 
the telephone industry what Kazaa did to the music industry? 
-- BSA]

http://www.skype.com/help_faq.html
-------------------------------------

These news items and comments are mine alone and do not necessarily 
reflect those  of the CANARIE board or management.

----------
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
www.canarie.ca/~bstarn

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: "Raymond Gao" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 07:17:10 -0500

Hi everyone,
 
The September issue of P2PJ is now available online.
Ray Gao
Editor-in-Chief, P2P Journal
http://p2pjournal.com