Subject: [P2Prg] Kick-off meeting

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:26:10 -0700 (PDT)

Bobby and I are looking at a one day kick-off meeting in early November. We
prefer a Monday. The date we have in mind is Monday, November 3.

How many of you can come to the San Francisco Bay Area on that date? I need a
count to reserve a room on one of the Sun sites. The meeting will either be in
Menlo Park, Mountain View or Santa Clara.

Again, the goal is to give some real direction to various possible research
issues in line with our charter; to get volunteers to work in the areas we
select; and of course, to meet one another. Bobby and I will put together a
meeting agenda.

Thanks in advance for timely responses. Arranging a large room or auditorium
requires advance notice. We will use the attendee count we have on next
Friday, Sept 26.

Bill and Bobby

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Jeffrey Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:02:51 -0400

Since the next IETF Meeting is November 9th-14th it would be preferable 
for the first meeting of the research group to take place in conjunction 
with the IETF meeting in Minneapolis.  It may be exceedingly difficult 
for those who need to travel to be able to obtain funding for two trips 
within two weeks.

Jeffrey Altman

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:13:07 -0700 (PDT)

| Since the next IETF Meeting is November 9th-14th it would be preferable 
| for the first meeting of the research group to take place in conjunction 
| with the IETF meeting in Minneapolis.  It may be exceedingly difficult 
| for those who need to travel to be able to obtain funding for two trips 
| within two weeks.

Good point except I can't go to the IETF. Hmmm.  Maybe we can shoot for
mid-october, or december?

Still, if we can get a forum, there is no compelling reason to hold our
meeting in conjunction with the IETF meeting. Let's wait and see. I'm on the
fence here.

Thanks for the note,

Bill