Subject: [P2Prg] Access to sub-groups blocked

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:11:49 -0500 (EST)

Guys, is it just me or has access to the subgroups been blocked?  I've 
subscribed to the sub-groups of course but on trying to access the 
archives, I keep getting this message for each group respectively 
(shouldn't it display a blank message board if there aren't any 
messages?):

Archive File Not Found
No file /p2prg-overlay/ (/fs/mailman/archives/private/p2prg-overlay/) 

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dushyant Bansal
MASc Student, Computer Engineering,
Shoshin Distributed Systems Lab,
University of Waterloo, Canada
http://www.shoshin.uwaterloo.ca/~dbansal
Office: 519-888-4567 x.2095
Lab: 519-888-4567 x.6641

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:33:56 -0500

> No file /p2prg-overlay/ (/fs/mailman/archives/private/p2prg-overlay/) 

Hi Dishyant,

It would appear that the archiving features for the lists were not turned
on by default, and that the software is just not failing gracefully
when the archives do not exist.  I have turned on arching for the lists,
and will take a look into it making it more graceful.

Let me know if you have any other concerns,

- Rob
.

---

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:08:15 -0500 (EST)

There should be at least one message on the metadata subgroup list, 
judging from the message posted by Sam Joseph.  But I can't even see that 
message and receive the same error message when I try to access the 
metadata subgroup archive.  However, it's probably because the archiving 
feature wasn't turned on that even the single post on p2prg-metadata 
wasn't showing up...

-Dushyant

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Rob wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:33:56 -0500
> From: Rob <[email-masked]>
> To: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [P2Prg] Access to sub-groups blocked
>

---

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:10:08 -0500 (EST)

Nope, that wasn't it.  Still no luck with accessing the metadata list.

-Dushyant

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Dushyant Bansal wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:08:15 -0500 (EST)
> From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
> To: Rob <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]

---

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:33:47 -0500

> Nope, that wasn't it.  Still no luck with accessing the metadata list.

I have tweaked the settings and sent a test message to p2prg-overlay,
and now I am able to get the archives.  Please verify for me that you
also see my test message through the archives, and I will propagate the
change to the other lists.

Sorry for the problems,

- Rob
.

---

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:54:34 -0500 (EST)

I still get the same "archive file not found" message actually.  And I'm
using someone else's computer to access the p2prg-metadata list this time,
so there isn't any issue of browser caching.

-Dushyant

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Rob wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:33:47 -0500
> Cc: Rob <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:02:01 -0500

> > change to the other lists.

Sorry that I wasn't clear, but I did it specifically for the
p2prg-overlay, which is where I thought you had the original problem.
I just wanted to make sure it was working correctly, before I changed all
of the other lists.  I have done the same change to the metadata list, so
please check again to see if you can see my post.  Once I have it verified
that it works, I can try to retroactively add Sam Josephs original post.

- Rob
.

---

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:35:58 -0500 (EST)

Ah, my apologies.  Yes, it works now!  For both overlay and metadata.  
However, the metadata doesn't show Sam Joseph's message.  I'm assuming 
it wasn't recorded because archiving was turned off at the time he sent 
the message?

-Dushyant

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Rob wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:02:01 -0500

---

From: Dushyant Bansal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:18:05 -0500 (EST)

Sam Joseph's message also shows up in p2prg-metadata.

Thanks.

---

From: Rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:19:57 -0500

> Sam Joseph's message also shows up in p2prg-metadata.

He actually resent it on his own, so everything should be working now.

Thanks, and let me know if you see any additional problems,

- Rob
.