Subject: [P2Prg] Proposal of Activity - Peer to Peer over IPv6

From: Luca Caviglione <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:15:01 +0200

Dear all,

Bill and I prepared a proposal of activity to be held inside the  
IRTF.  We called the activity P2Pv6 (Peer-to-Peer over IPv6). IPv6  
appears as an ideal playground for the development of P2P  
applications that rely by design on the interaction between end  
nodes. We found out some preliminary areas, but the activity can  
evolve and embrace (or be more focused on) different aspects.

Briefly, we want to show how the IPv6 protocol can provide an  
excellent environment for P2P-based applications, and we want to  
understand whether the transitional mechanisms developed for managing  
the transition and coexistence of IPv4/IPv6 are critical for P2P  
applications. In addition, we encourage the discussion about how to  
create a P2P addressing scheme based on the IPv6 analogies and  
discover if any synergies between the two schemes are exploitable.

A detailed roadmap can be found here: http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/ 
p2pv6/p2pv6.htm ; in addition, also a pdf version of the proposal is  
available for download at  http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/p2pv6/ 
p2pv6.pdf . This document has to be intended as open to suggestions,  
discussions and tweaking.

As a first step, we would like to hear your feedback in order to  
start a collective and harmonious discussion.

With Kindest Regards,

                                              Luca and Bill 

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Rafael Asorey Cacheda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:30:49 +0200

Dear all,

First I would like to congratulate the authors for the document. I think
it is a good proposal and has lot of potential.

About the document, just a little comment: I understand interoperability
problems between v4 and v6 peers is not explicitly mentioned in the
document but implicit. From my point of view, I believe that maybe some
more explicit reference to that should be required. Anyway, I think this
document is a good summary.

Best regards,
Rafa

El mar, 21-06-2005 a las 17:15 +0200, Luca Caviglione escribió:
> Dear all,
> 
> Bill and I prepared a proposal of activity to be held inside the IRTF.
> We called the activity P2Pv6 (Peer-to-Peer over IPv6). IPv6 appears as
> an ideal playground for the development of P2P applications that rely
> by design on the interaction between end nodes. We found out some
> preliminary areas, but the activity can evolve and embrace (or be more
> focused on) different aspects.
> 
> A detailed roadmap can be found here:
> http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/p2pv6/p2pv6.htm ; in addition, also a pdf
> version of the proposal is available for download at
> http://homepage.mac.com/cvgl/p2pv6/p2pv6.pdf . This document has to be
> intended as open to suggestions, discussions and tweaking.
> 
> As a first step, we would like to hear your feedback in order to start
> a collective and harmonious discussion.
> 
> With Kindest Regards,
> 
>                                              Luca and Bill 
>

---

From: Luca Caviglione <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:47:27 +0200

Dear Rafael

> more explicit reference to that should be required.

Where do you think to place this item?
After discussion, we could produce a new version of the roadmap.

Best Regards,

                             Luca

---

From: Rafael Asorey Cacheda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:29:39 +0200

Dear Luca,

In my oppinion it should be added to the b) point or maybe it could be a
milestone itself before b).

Regarding the new version of the roadmap, I agree with you and would be
glad of collaborating.

Regards,
Rafa.