Subject: [P2Prg] CFP: IEEE 3rd International Workshop on Mobile Peer to Peer Computing MP2P 06, (conjunction with the 4th IEEE PerCom 06)

From: "Kurt Tutschku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:39:38 +0200

(Please apologize multiple copies)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing
(MP2P'06)
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mp2p2006

Pisa, Italy, March 17, 2006

In conjunction with the 4th IEEE International Conference on 
Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom’06)
http://www.percom.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing is a networking and distributed computing 
paradigm which allows the sharing of computing resources and services 
by direct, symmetric interaction between computers. The advance in 
mobile wireless communication technology and the increasing number of 
mobile users, extend the arena of P2P computing to encompass mobile 
devices and wireless networks.  The special characteristics of mobile 
environments, such as highly variable connectivity, disconnection, 
location-dependency, resource contraints, and diversity in wireless 
networks as well as carrier-grade performance requirements bring new 
challenges for research in mobile P2P computing.

MP2P’06 is intended to serve as a continuing forum for scientists and 
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their
experiences, 
new ideas, and research results about all aspects of mobile P2P
computing. 
It will address the challenges, technologies, and architectures leading 
to real-world solutions that provide users with direct access and
control 
of their critical peer-based information and services, regardless of
location 
or device. The principal theme of MP2P’06 is the development of
protocols,
systems and architectures of mobile P2P architectures and the evaluation

of their performance. 

Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architecture and platforms for mobile P2P computing 
- Measurement studies on mobile P2P systems
- Performance of mobile P2P services
- Resource and service discovery in mobile P2P computing
- Resource exchange mechanisms in mobile P2P application
- Mobile P2P over different kinds of bearer services: 2.5/3G (GPRS/UMTS)
/ 
  802.11 (WLAN)
- Mobile P2P & operator/provider requirements
- Reliability and carrier-gradeness of mobile P2P services
- Mobile P2P & fixed P2P system interworking
- Issues of combining P2P services with mobility (mobile IP / MANET) 
- Peer access and control in mobile environment
- Location dependent mobile P2P services
- Data exchange and rendering techniques for mobile devices
- Secure communication protocols for mobile P2P computing
- Mobile P2P messaging systems
- Peer-to-peer broadband wireless communications
- Applications of mobile P2P
- Nature-inspired algorithms for mobile P2P computing
- Theoretical issues on mobile information diffusion
- Mobile P2P video games
- Stimulating cooperation in mobile computing

Paper Submission: 
-----------------

Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 6 pages in IEEE
proceedings style. Authors MUST submit their papers through the EDAS web

site (http://www.edas.info/) in three steps: 

* Creation of a personal account on EDAS (if the author does not already
have 
  one) 
* Registration of the paper (requiring a short abstract of up to 150
words) 
* Upload of the paper. Only in pdf format 

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present the paper. All submissions will be reviewed and
selected based on their originality of the  paper. Accepted papers must
be presented at the workshop and will appear in a combined  PerCom 2006
workshop proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press. 

Authors that present a system in their paper are highly encouraged to
demonstrate also the system in the demo session of the workshop.

Important Dates:
----------------

Papers due:				5pm EST, September 15, 2005
Notification of acceptance	November 15, 2005
Camera-ready papers due		December, 2005

Organizing Committee, Program Co-chairs:
----------------------------------------

- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of
Würzburg, 
  Germany.
- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Berlin, Germany.
- Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada. 
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North

  Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA 

Steering Board
--------------

- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic
University.
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue 
  University 
- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College
London 
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North

  Carolina at Chapel Hill 

Publicity Chair
---------------

Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of
Würzburg, Germany 

Program Committee Members:
--------------------------

- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Germany.
- Christian Bettstetter, DoCoMo Euro-Labs,Germany.
- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic
University.
- Luca Caviglione, CNIT - University of Genoa Research Unit, University
of 
  Genova, Italy.
- Geoff Coulson, Computing Department, University of Lancaster, UK.
- Hermann de Meer, Department of Computer Networks & Computer
Communications,  
  University of Passau, Germany.
- Babak Esfandiari, Carleton University, Canada.
- Stephen Hailes, Department of Computer Science, University College of
London, 
  UK 
- Felix Hernandez-Campos, Department of Computer Science, University of
North 
  Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA 
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue 
  University 
- Valerie Issarny, INRIA, France.
- Wolfgang Kellerer, DoCoMo DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe,
Germany.
- Thomas Kunz, Dept. of Systems and Comp. Engineering, Carleton
University. 
  Canada.
- Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada.
- Christoph Lindemann, FB Informatik IV, University of Dortmund	,
Germany.
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North

  Carolina at Chapel Hill 
- Rudolf Riedi, Department of Statistics, Rice University, USA 
- Pablo Rodriguez, Microsoft Research Ltd, Cambridge, UK.
- George Roussos, School of Computer Science and Information Systems,
Birkbeck 
  College, University of London, UK 
- Shervin Shirmohammadi, School of Information Technology and
Engineering 
  (SITE), University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of
Würzburg, 
  Germany 

---
Dr. Kurt Tutschku, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg
Department of Distributed Systems
Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland
97074 Wuerzburg
Germany
Tel.: +49-931-8886641 
FAX.: +49-931-8886632 
mailto:[email-masked] 
or 
mailto:[email-masked] 
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/tutschku

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg