Subject: RE: [P2Prg] proposed activity - P2P content, resource, service discovery

From: "LANIEPCE Sylvie RD-CORE-CAE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:57:29 +0200

Hello,
The agenda given on the IETF web page schedules the P2Prg meeting on Thursday 4th (not on Monday). Which date is the good one ? We would prefer NOT on Thursday (as we want to attend the MANET meeting, scheduled on Thursday)...
Regarding the security aspects mentionned in the proposed activity, would you consider that it does include the trust / (non)cooperation / selfish aspects ?
Regards
Sylvie

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Bill Yeager
Envoyé : lundi 25 juillet 2005 20:34
À : John Buford
Cc : Bobby Samrat Bhattacharjee; [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [P2Prg] proposed activity - P2P content, resource,service discovery

Hello John,

This is being changed to a different day. That's why I've not announced the meeting to the general mailing list with an agenda.

Thanks for the affiliation list. Hopefully, this will grow to include other companies' research labs too. That's very important.

Bill

On Jul 25, 2005, at 11:29 AM, John Buford wrote:

>
> [great.  the IETF schedule has 1.5 hour allotted to the RG on Monday 
> 8/1]
>

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:55:04 -0700

Hello Sylvie,

The good date is the final agenda meeting time on Thursday:

1400-1630 Afternoon Session I
Room 341  IRTF  p2prg     Peer-to-Peer Research Group

It's really difficult to make everyone happy in choosing these time 
slots, and I assure you that we did our very best.

With respect to security research, it is wide-open to proposals like 
those you mention. Our group has not yet done any research in this 
area.

Hope to see you next week,

Bill

On Jul 26, 2005, at 12:57 AM, LANIEPCE Sylvie RD-CORE-CAE wrote:

> Hello,
> The agenda given on the IETF web page schedules the P2Prg meeting on 
> Thursday 4th (not on Monday). Which date is the good one ? We would 
> prefer NOT on Thursday (as we want to attend the MANET meeting, 
> scheduled on Thursday)...
> Regarding the security aspects mentionned in the proposed activity, 
> would you consider that it does include the trust / (non)cooperation / 
> selfish aspects ?
> Regards
> Sylvie

---

From: Justin Chapweske <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:55:22 -0500

I'd like to recommend that the group look at URI resolution services as
the foundation for P2P resource discovery.

Swarmcast is almost entirely based on the concepts of RFC 2483
(http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2483.html) with some additional features
made available in HTTP headers along the lines of our (outdated)
Content-Addressable Web specification
(http://open-content.net/specs/draft-jchapweske-caw-03.html).

Thanks,

-Justin

-- 
Justin Chapweske <[email-masked]>