Subject: [P2Prg] Re: P2prg Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

From: Ian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:22:12 -0500

I am one of the developers for AgentJ and I can volunteer to give a 
presentation on how we are using it in NS-2 to test peer-to-peer 
protocols for service discovery in wireless networks.  This work is 
motivated by a need to discover resources in disadvantaged mobile ad-hoc 
networks.  Presently, we are looking at P2P approaches to resource 
discovery and comparing them against various multicast techniques in a 
focused effort to produce middleware that conserves bandwidth and 
energy, reduces congestion and contention, and exhibits robustness to 
network fragmentation and node mobility.

- that combined with Brian's email would be a good abstract for a 
presentation I could talk to during a P2PRG meeting in March.

-Ian Downard

>Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:27:29 -0500
>From: Brian Adamson <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: [P2Prg] Simulation tools for p2prg core subgroup
>To: [email-masked], Alan Brown <[email-masked]>,
>	[email-masked]
>Message-ID: <p06230902c0003fb725aa@[192.168.1.201]>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" ; format="flowed"
>
>FYI,
>
>We have done some work in this area at NRL and have extended the ns-2 
>network simulator with a construct we call "AgentJ" that lets Java 
>application code (with some minor tweaks) to execute in the ns-2 
>network simulation environment.
>
>We have been working with Cardiff University in Wales who have a p2p 
>implementation entitled "P2PS" (Peer-to-Peer Simplified) that they 
>have been using in some Grid Computing and work adapting Web Services 
>to peer-to-peer networks.  Using AgentJ, we have ported a version of 
>P2PS into ns-2
>
>The framework is still in progress and is being improved (we are 
>conducting ongoing work with looking at p2p in MANET environments). 
>It may be useful to the community and I can point interested parties 
>to where to get the code.
>
>best regards,
>
>Brian Adamson
><[email-masked]>
>  
>

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: "John Buford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:25:59 -0500

Ian,
Yes that would be a good presentation for the CORE
subgroup work in the p2prg as well.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 10:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: P2prg Digest, Vol 19, Issue 11

-Ian Downard

---

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 09:53:01 -0800

Hi John and Ian,

Sounds like an excellent idea.

bill