Subject: [P2Prg] [PerCom 2006] Advance Program and Call for Participation

From: Marco Conti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:46:22 +0100

We apologize in advance if you receive multiple copies of this CFP.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

ADVANCE PROGRAM AND CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Fourth IEEE International Conference on
Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2006)
Pisa, March 13-17, 2006
<http://www.percom.org/>http://www.percom.org/

Sponsored by The IEEE Computer Society, The University of  Texas at 
Arlington, IIT-CNR Pisa, and the IEEE Technical Committee on Computer 
Communications.

Cosponsored by the IEEE Technical Committee on Parallel Processing 
and the IEEE Technical Committee on Distributed  Processing,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PerCom 2006 Main Features

12 Technical Session (23 full papers and 15 concise contributions)
2 Keynote Speeches
1 Panel
1 Demonstration Session
1 Work In Progress (WIP) Session
9 Workshops

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Monday - March 13, 2006, 8h30 - 17h00

  Workshop #1: Foundations and Algorithms for Wireless Networking (FAWN 2006)

  Workshop #2: Middleware Support for Pervasive Computing (PerWare 2006)

  Workshop #3: Pervasive Computing and Communication Security (PerSec 2006)

  Workshop #4: Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing 
(PerSeNS 2006)

  Workshop #5: Ubiquitous and Pervasive Health Care (UbiCare 2006)

  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday March 14, 2006

  8h45 -9h00: Opening Remarks

9h00 -10h00: Keynote

When the Sensors Hit the Road: Challenges in Mobile Sensor Computing
Hari Balakrishnan (MIT, USA)

10h30-12h00: Session 1: Pervasive Systems

  A Keystroke and Pointer Control Input Interface for Wearable Computers
Farooq Ahmad and Petr Musilek

Cantag: an Open Source Software Toolkit for Designing and Deploying 
Marker-based Vision Systems
Andrew C. Rice, Alastair R. Beresford, and Robert K. Harle

  A Collaborative Web Browsing System for Multiple Mobile Users
Takuya Maekawa, Takahiro Hara, and Shojiro Nishio

  12h00 -13h30: Lunch Break

13h30-14h50: Session 2A & 2B

Session 2A: Sensors and RFIDs (Concise Contributions)

Enhancing Bluetooth Connectivity with RFID
Timo Salminen, Simo Hosio, and Jukka Riekki

JiTS: Just-in-Time Scheduling for Real-Time Sensor Data Dissemination
Ke Liu, Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh, and Kyoung-Don Kang

Application-Based Routing Optimization in Static/Semi-Static Wireless 
Sensor Networks
Cesare Alippi and Giovanni Vanini

A Wearable Wireless Sensor Platform for Interactive Dance Performance
Chulsung Park, Pai H. Chou, and Yicun Sun

Session 2B: User Interfaces and Interaction Models (Concise Contributions)

Dialing for Displays: Session Initiation Protocol for Opportunistic 
Augmentation
John J. Barton, Stina Nylander, and Fopefolu Folowosele

Multi-User Mobile Applications and a Public Display: Novel Ways for 
Social Interaction
Jaana Leikas, Hanna Stromberg, Veikko Ikonen, Riku Suomela, and Juhani Heinila

Inverted Browser: A Novel Approach towards Display Symbiosis
Mandayam Raghunath, Nishkam Ravi, Marcel-Catalin Rosu, and Chandra Narayanaswam

Omero: Ubiquitous User Interfaces in the Plan B Operating System
Francisco J Ballesteros, Gorka Guardiola, Katia Leal, and Enrique Soriano

15h30-17h00: Session 3: Pervasive Networking

Context Aware Service Using Intra-body Communication
Duck Gun Park, Jin Kyung Kim, Sung Jin Bong, Jung Hwan Hwang, Chang 
Hee Hyung,and Sung Weon Kang

Concept for Hierarchical and Distributed Processing of Area Based Triggers
Sven D. Hermann, Guenter Schaefer, Adam Wolisz, and Michael Lipka

Virtual Channel Management for Densely Deployed IEEE 802.15.4 LR-WPANs
Tae Hyun Kim, Jae Yeol Ha, Sunghyun Choi, and Wook Hyun Kwon

17h00-18h30: Demonstration session

17h30 -18h30: Welcome Reception

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday March 15, 2006

  9h00 -10h30: Session 4: Resource Management in Pervasive Systems

  An Adaptive Multi-Constraint Partitioning Algorithm for Offloading 
in Pervasive Systems
Shumao Ou, Kun Yang, and Antonio Liotta

Plan B: An Operating System for Ubiquitous Computing Environments
Francisco J. Ballesteros, Enrique Soriano, Katia Leal, and Gorka Guardiola

OmniStore: A System for Ubiquitous Personal Storage Management
Alexandros Karypidis and Spyros Lalis

11h00 -12h30: Session 5: Best Paper Candidates

Context-Aware Resource Management in Multi-Inhabitant Smart Homes: A 
Nash H-Learning Based Approach
Nirmalya Roy, Abhishek Roy, and Sajal K. Das

Mapping Human Networks
Jonathan Gips, Alex (Sandy) Pentland

Is Your Cat Infected with a Computer Virus?
Melanie R. Rieback, Bruno Crispo, and Andrew S. Tanenbaum

12h30 -14h00: Lunch Break

14h00 -15h00: Keynote

Future Trends in Wireless Technology and the Path to Pervasive Computing
Dipankar Raychaudhuri (Rutgers University, USA)

14h30 -16h00: Work In Progress Session

16h30 -18h00: Session 6: Sensor Networks

Distributed Cross-Layer Scheduling for In-Network Sensor Query Processing
Hejun Wu, Qiong Luo, and Wenwei Xue

CAPS: Energy-Efficient Processing of Continuous Aggregate Queries in 
Sensor Networks
Wen Hu, Archan Misra, and Rajeev Shorey

Exploring Spatial Correlation for Link Quality Estimation in Wireless 
Sensor Networks
Yingqi Xu and Wang-Chien Lee

20h00:  Social Dinner

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thurssday March 16, 2006

  9h00 -10h00: Session 7: Security

The Master Key: A Private Authentication Approach for Pervasive 
Computing Environments
Feng Zhu, Matt W. Mutka, and Lionel M. Ni

Avoiding Privacy Violations Caused by Context-Sensitive Services
Urs Hengartner and Peter Steenkiste

10h00 -11h00: Panel

Autonomic: a booster for pervasive system?
Organizer: Silvia Giordano (SUPSI, Switzerland)

Panelists:
Jon Crowcroft (Univ. Cambridge, UK)
Christophe Diot (Thomson, France)
Mohan Kumar (Univ. Texas at Arlington, USA)
Fabrizio Sestini (European Commission)
Franco Zambonelli (Univ. Modena & Reggio, Italy)
Taieb Znati (Univ. Pittsburgh, USA)

11h30 -12h50: Sessions 8A & 8B

Sessions 8A: Pervasive Computing and Context Awareness (Concise Contributions)

  Ordering Management Actions in Pervasive Systems Using 
Specification-enhanced Policies
Chetan Shankar and Roy Campbell

Customizable Pervasive Applications
Torben Weis, Marcus Handte, Mirko Knoll, and Christian Becker

Analysis of Appropriate Timing for Information Notification Based on 
Indoor User's Location Transition
Vlaho Kostov, Takashi Tajima, Eiichi Naito, and Jun Ozawa

Criticality Aware Access Control Model for Pervasive Applications
Sandeep Gupta, Tridib Mukherjee, and Krishna Venkatasubramanian

Sessions 8B: Discovery and Location (Concise Contributions)

An Adaptive Lightweight Trust Reliant Secure Resource Discovery for 
Pervasive Computing Environments
Moushumi Sharmin, Sheikh Iqbal Ahamed, and Shameem Ahmed

A Peer-to-Peer Data Structure for Dynamic Location Data
Dominic Heutelbeck and Matthias Hemmje

A Secure and Efficient RFID Protocol that could make Big Brother 
(partially) Obsolete
Tassos Dimitriou

13h00 -14h30: Lunch Break

14h30 -16h00: Sessions 9: Architectures and Platforms for Pervasive 
Environments

Evaluating Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) in Pervasive Computing
Swaroop Kalasapur, Mohan Kumar, and Behrooz Shirazi

CASMAS: Supporting Collaboration in Pervasive Environments
Federico Cabitza, Marco P. Locatelli, Marcello Sarini, and Carla Simone

InterPlay: A Middleware for Seamless Device Integration and Task 
Orchestration in a Networked Home
Alan Messer, Anugeetha Kunjithapatham, Mithun Sheshagiri, Henry Song, 
Praveen Kumar, Phuong Nguyen, and Kyoung Hoon Yi

16h30 -18h00: Sessions 10: Self-organizing Networks

A Multi-Commodity Flow Approach for Globally Aware Routing in 
Multi-Hop Wireless Networks
Vinay Kolar and Nael B. Abu-Ghazaleh

Resource Allocation in Wireless Networks Using Directional Antennas
Imad Hussein Jawhar and Jie Wu

Localized Sensor Area Coverage With Low Communication Overhead
Antoine Gallais, Jean Carle, David Simplot-Ryl, and Ivan Stojmenovic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Friday - March 17, 2006, 8h30 - 17h00

  Workshop #1: Context Modelling and Reasoning (CoMoRea 2006)

  Workshop #2: Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P 2006)

  Workshop #3: Pervasive Learning (PerEl 2006)

  Workshop #4: Pervasive Wireless Networking (PWN 2006)

-- 
==============================================
Marco Conti
Pervasive Computing & Networking Lab. (PerLab)
http://www.perlab.it

Institute for Informatics and Telematics (IIT)
National Research Council (CNR)
Via G. Moruzzi, 1
56124 Pisa,Italy
tel.: + 39 050 315 3062 (direct)
mobile: +39 348 3966807
fax.: +39 050 3152113

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg