Subject: [P2Prg] MOBIQUITOUS 2006: EXTENDED DEADLINE: MARCH 6th

From: "Prasun Sinha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:36:30 -0500

========================================================================================================

                                      MOBIQUITOUS 2006  
                                  http://www.mobiquitous.org
                             Sponsored by Create-Net and ICST

   The Third Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems:

                             Computing, Networking and Service
                      July 17 - 21, 2006  San Jose, California, USA

                          In Cooperation with ACM SIGMOBILE

                      Pending Sponsorship:  IEEE Computer Society

========================================================================================================

The combination of mobile and ubiquitous computing is emerging as
a  promising  new paradigm with the goal to provide computing and
communication services all the  time,  everywhere,  transparently
and  invisibly  to  the  user,  using  devices  embedded  in  the
surrounding  physical   environment.   In   this   context,   the
communication  devices,  the objects with which they interact, or
both may  be  mobile.  The  implementation  of  such  a  paradigm
requires  advances  in wireless network technologies and devices,
development of infrastructures supporting cognitive environments,
and   discovery   and   identification  of  ubiquitous  computing
applications  and  services.  The  Third   Annual   International
Conference  on  Mobile  and  Ubiquitous  Systems:  networking and
services (Mobiquitous-06) will cover all these aspects, providing
a  forum where practitioners and researchers coming from the many
areas involved in ubiquitous solutions design and deployment will
be able to interact exchanging the cross-layer experiences needed
to build the overall ubiquitous systems. Areas addressed  by  the
conference   include  applications,  service-oriented  computing,
middleware, networking, agents, data management and services, all
with special focus on mobility and ubiquitous computing.

PAPERS:   Technical  papers   describing   original,   previously
unpublished  research,  not  currently  under  review  by another
conference  or  journal,  are  solicited.   The   conference   is
interested  in  contributions addressing all the areas associated
with mobile and ubiquitous  architectures,  infrastructure,  data
and  services.  Technical  papers  clearly  identifying  how  the
specific contributions fit to an  overall  working  solution  are
particularly of interest. Topics include, but are not limited to,
the following feature topics:

* Ubiquitous architectures and systems

* Wearable computing and personal area  networks

* Wireless technologies for mobile and ubiquitous (Bluetooth, ZigBee, 802.15.x, WiFi)

* Wireless Internet access in ubiquitous systems

* Reconfigurability and personalization of wireless networks

* Service discovery mechanisms, knowledge discovery, matching and composition mechanisms

* Wireless/mobile service management and delivery

* Security, privacy and social issues of mobile and ubiquitous systems

* Peer-to-peer computing and networking

* Emerging industrial/business/scientific scenarios

* Multimodal interfaces (speech, video kinetic, tactile)

* Smart spaces

* Ad hoc and sensor networks

* Location-based services and tracking

* Context and location aware application

* Multimedia encoding and transcoding

* Middleware services

* Agent technologies in ubiquitous, wearable, and    mobile systems

* Hardware and software platforms for ubiquitous systems, and testbeds

* Context modeling, services and frameworks

* Toolkits, development environments, and languages for ubiquitous computing

* Rapid prototyping of ubiquitous applications

* Ontologies for mobile and ubiquitous computing

* Mobile and ubiquitous data management

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:  All paper submissions will  be  handled
electronically (see the conference web page for details). Authors
should prepare an Adobe Acrobat PDF version of their full  paper.
Papers must not exceed 8 pages double column (US Letter size, 8.5
x 11 inches) including text, figures  and  references.  The  font
size  must be at least 10 points. The deadline for submitting the
actual paper is February 20, 2006. All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

PUBLICATION: All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed  by
the  international  technical program committee.  Accepted papers
will be  published  in  the  conference  proceedings.  Papers  of
particular   merit  will  be  proposed  for  publication  in  the
ACM/Kluwer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) journal.

WORKSHOPS:  Four workshops will be run in  conjunction  with  the
conference.  Please see the web site for more information.

DEMOS:   Proposals  for  research  and   industrial   demos   are
solicited.   A  maximum  of  3  pages  should  be submitted which
include a description of the demo and needed equipment. Proposals
should be submitted to the Demo Chair by May 1, 2006.

General Co-Chairs

Hamid Ahmadi, IBM, [email-masked] 

Tom La Porta, Penn State, [email-masked] 

Program Co-Chairs

Ravi Jain, Google, [email-masked]

Asim Smailagic, CMU, [email-masked]

Arkady Zaslavsky, Monash Univ.,[email-masked] 

Workshop Chair 

Kin Leung, Imperial College, [email-masked]

Demo Chair

Sencun Zhu, Penn State, [email-masked]

Finance Chair 

Karen Decker, ICST, [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Chair

Ulas Kozat, DoCoMo Labs, [email-masked]

Publicity Chair

Prasun Sinha, Ohio State University, [email-masked]

Web Chair

Patrick Traynor, Penn State, [email-masked]

Conference Coordinator

Anna Rieger, ICST, [email-masked]

Steering Committee Chair

Imrich Chlamtac, Create-Net, [email-masked]

  Important Dates

Paper submission (NEW DEADLINE): March  6, 2006

Notification of acceptance: April 21, 2006

Camera-ready version due: May 22, 2006

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg

---

From: "Prasun Sinha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:41:49 -0500

MOBIQUITOUS 2006  

* Smart spaces

* Middleware services

actual paper is March 6, 2006. All deadlines are 11:59PM PST.

General Co-Chairs

Program Co-Chairs

Workshop Chair 

Demo Chair

Finance Chair 

Local Arrangements Chair

Publicity Chair

Web Chair

Conference Coordinator

Steering Committee Chair

  Important Dates

Paper submission (NEW DEADLINE): March  6, 2006 (11:59pm PST)