Subject: [P2Prg] CfP: "Peer-to-Peer Paradigm", AMCIS 2007, August 09-12, Keystone, Colorado, USA

From: "Kai Fischbach" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 22:12:01 +0100

+ Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message +

****************************************************
                 CALL FOR PAPERS
        "Peer-to-Peer Paradigm" Minitrack

    Americas Conference on Information Systems
                  (AMCIS 2007)
      August 09-12, Keystone, Colorado, USA
      http://www.biz.colostate.edu/amcis07/

****************************************************

This minitrack focuses on the potential, challenges, recent
developments, and current research issues pertaining to the
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) paradigm. In this context, Peer-to-Peer (P2P)
refers to a network of equals (peers), where by design two or more
peers are able to collaborate spontaneously or share resources without
the need for central coordination.

We invite contributions from a broad spectrum of disciplines including
economics, information systems, information management, and computer
sciences. We would also like to involve practitioners whose
experiences with business applications of P2P could certainly enrich
the discussions. The minitrack focuses on but is not limited to the
following topics:

- Economic analysis of P2P networks
- Network externalities and scale economies
- Public goods and club formation
- Payment and currency systems
- P2P business models; P2P electronic business strategies
- Economics of Sharing: Shareable Goods and the Emergence of Sharing
as a Modality of Economic Production
- P2P usage and the impact of piracy on IP industries
- Designing P2P information systems: system architectures, products,
digital rights management
- Security and trust: identity management, authentication,
accountability, reputation, reliability and attack resistance
- Coping with uncertainty: availability of resources and content
- Adoption, integration and utilization of P2P systems by individuals
and organizations including user behavior and system performance
- Incorporating economic incentives into the design of P2P networks
- Policy and societal issues that need to be addressed and recognized
as part of the adoption of P2P networking
- Knowledge sharing and communication in global, distributed networks
of humans and computers including incentives and disincentives for
sharing resources
- Management of resources and applications in a globally distributed
environment
- Experiences with real-world implementations in various domains
- New theories of organizing and coordination in P2P environments
- The intersection of P2P, Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing

For more information:
http://www.wim.uni-koeln.de/AMCIS-P2P-2007.729.0.html

IMPORTANT DATES

Papers Due: Monday, March 5, 2007
See also: http://www.biz.colostate.edu/amcis07/CallPapers.htm

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION

Submit final papers via the AIS Review System:
http://www.biz.colostate.edu/amcis07/Submission.htm

MINITRACK CHAIRS

Kai Fischbach (primary contact)
Department of Information Systems and Information Management
University of Cologne
Pohligstr. 1, 50969 Cologne, Germany
Phone: +49 (221) 4705394
Fax: +49 (221) 4705393
Email: [email-masked]

Detlef Schoder
Department of Information Systems and Information Management
University of Cologne
Pohligstr. 1, 50969 Cologne, Germany

Michael D. Smith
H. John Heinz III School of Public Policy and Management
Carnegie Mellon University
4800 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg