Subject: [P2Prg] [CITI] CFP - The Third Conference on Ultrabroadband Networks

From: Elias Aravantinos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:47:23 -0400 (EDT)

Call for Papers

**************************************
Third Conference on Ultrabroadband Networks
**************************************
 June 22, 2007
**************************************
Columbia University, Institute for Tele-Information (CITI)
http://www.citi.columbia.edu/
____________________________________________________________

Abstract
===========
With broadband penetration progressing rapidly, one must think ahead to 
the next stage, where broadband transmission rates of over 1Gbps on the 
consumer level will likely be the driver of major changes in ICT, mass 
media, and consumer electronics. To advance the understanding of the 
issues, the Columbia Institute for Tele-Information will host an 
international conference, with the participation of academics, 
industry, and users. The conference will bring together researchers to 
address the various aspects of ultrabroadband network technologies, 
strategies, trials, applications, and policies. Speakers will include 
invited presenters and those selected from this call for papers. 

Topics
=====
Topics encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
*Capacity and usage trends at home
* Spectrum allocation and licensed vs. unlicensed bands issues
* Home applications and new services for 1 Gigabit plus
* Impacts on infrastructure and its providers
* Trials around the world
* The role of the government and new policies
* Technology issues: architectures, smart devices, high  performance 
processors and residential gateways
*       Pervasive platforms, ubiquitous and seamless environments, and 
security issues
* Wireless, wireline, powerline, and cable scenarios, including 
demand/pricing studies
* Standards issues
* Wireless: the mobile and portable media cloud
* User-supplied content and ultrabroadband P2P
* The new video landscape, IPTV, and content genres
* Impact on traditional media firms
* Impact of home ultrabroadband on media use and work patterns

Submission
=========
Submissions should consist of an abstract (1 page) of the proposed 
paper, brief authors’ bios, and if available, the paper itself. The 
project operates on a fast-track, with an expectation that some 
presentations will be a work in progress. Accepted papers will be 
presented during the conference, June 22, 2007. The papers will be 
published in the volume “Ultrabroadband Networks” edited by Eli Noam 
and Elias Aravantinos. Subsequent publications of more advanced 
versions are encouraged.

Important Dates
============ 
Paper Submission Due: May 1, 2007
Acceptance Notification: May 15, 2007
Paper Drafts Due: June 20, 2007

Contact info
=========
For submission or further information: Contact Prof. Eli Noam at 
[email-masked], or Elias Aravantinos at [email-masked] with cc 
to John Heywood at [email-masked]

Thank you
Elias Aravantinos
_________________
Elias Aravantinos
PhD candidate SIT
Project Manager CITI
personal page: http://personal.stevens.edu/~earavant

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg