Subject: [P2Prg] Advanced CfP MP2P'08: 5th IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P'08)

From: "Kurt Tutschku" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 23:25:47 +0200

---------------------------------------------------------------------
* Please, apologize for multiple copies
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Advanced Call-for-Paper

5th IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing (MP2P'08)
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/mp2p2008

Hong Kong, March 17-21, 2008

In conjunction with the 6th IEEE International Conference on Pervasive
Computing and Communications (PerCom’08) http://www.percom.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing is a networking and distributed computing
paradigm which allows the sharing of computing resources and services by
direct, symmetric interaction between computers. The advance in mobile
wireless communication technology and the increasing number of mobile users,
extend the arena of P2P computing to encompass mobile devices and wireless
networks.  The special characteristics of mobile environments, such as
highly variable connectivity, disconnection, location-dependency, resource
contraints, and diversity in wireless networks as well as carrier-grade
performance requirements bring new challenges for research in mobile P2P
communication and computing.

MP2P’08 is intended to serve as a continuing forum for scientists and
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their
experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of mobile P2P
computing and communications. It will address the challenges, technologies,
and architectures leading to real-world solutions that provide users with
direct access and control of their critical peer-based information and
services, regardless of location or device.

The principal theme of MP2P’08 is the peer-to-peer paradigm as used in
mobile ad hoc networks (MANETS), sensor networks, and large-scale
heterogeneous overlays. Topics of particular interest include, but are not
limited to:

- Peer-to-peer overlays for MANETs and sensor networks
- Hybrid P2P architectures for integrated MANETs and wide-area networks
- Large-scale heterogeneous P2P systems
- Mobility in federated overlay architectures
- Impact of network mobility on P2P systems and services (mobile IP / MANET)
- P2P-based information sensing and fusion
- MP2P performance & measurement studies
- Semantic routing & overlay routing in MP2P
- Delay tolerant MP2P systems
- Resource and service discovery in MP2P
- Resource exchange mechanisms in MP2P
- Peer access and control in mobile environment
- Data exchange and rendering techniques for mobile P2P devices
- Secure communication protocols for MP2P
- Nature-inspired algorithms for MP2P
- Novel MP2P applications & services
- Theoretical issues on mobile information diffusion
- MP2P SIP
- MP2P messaging systems, monitoring systems, searching systems, games, etc.
- Location dependent MP2P services
- MP2P over different bearer services: 2.5/3G (GPRS/UMTS) / 802.11 (WLAN)
- MP2P & operator/provider requirements
- Reliability and carrier-grade performance of MP2P services

Paper Submission: 
-----------------

Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE
proceedings style. 
 
* Upload of the paper. Only in pdf format 

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present the paper. All submissions will be reviewed and
selected based on their originality of the paper. Accepted papers must be
presented at the workshop and will appear in a combined PerCom 2008 workshop
proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press. Paper must not be
submitted elsewhere.

Authors that present a system in their paper are highly encouraged to
demonstrate also the system in the demo session of the workshop.

Important Dates:
----------------

Papers due:				5pm EST, September 29, 2007
Notification of acceptance	November 25, 2007
Camera-ready papers due		December 22, 2007

Organizing Committee, Program Co-chairs:
----------------------------------------

Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg,
Germany.
John Buford, Avaya Labs, USA.
Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada. 

Steering Board
--------------

- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Berlin, Germany.
- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
University
- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College London

- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill 

Publicity Chair
---------------

Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of Würzburg,
Germany 

Program Committee Members:
--------------------------

- to be confirmed

---
Dr. Kurt Tutschku, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg
Department of Distributed Systems
Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland
97074 Wuerzburg
Germany
Tel.: +49-931-8886641 
FAX.: +49-931-8886632 
mailto:[email-masked] 
or 
mailto:[email-masked] 
http://www-info3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/staff/tutschku

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg