Subject: [P2Prg] research group news

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:58:18 -0500

Hi Peer-to-peer Research Group-

I have been informed that Bill Yeager and Bobby Bhattacharjee are  
stepping down as chairs of this Research Group.  Thank you, Bill and  
Bobby, for your service to the community!

So, now there is an opportunity for new leadership to take this  
research group in a new direction.  In particular, the current RG  
charter[0] could be updated to reflect areas where the group wants to  
collaborate.  IRTF Research Groups are defined in RFC2014[1] and a  
revised P2PRG charter would be evaluated similarly to a new one.   
Interested folks should review the RFC2014 for details but the short  
version is that the scope of the RG should be broad enough that there  
is interesting work to do, well-defined enough so that folks can  
understand how their work fits in, and representing a community that  
is interested in collaborating within an IRTF context.

I'd like to propose that you, the research group, discuss where your  
interests are so that you can propose a new charter for this group  
and/or other groups; then at the end of September I'll review the  
results and work out whether there is interest and clear direction  
for one or more groups.

Regards,

--aaron
   IRTF Chair

[0] http://www.irtf.org/p2prg
[1] http://tools.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2014.txt

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg