Subject: [P2Prg] Call for participation: IEEE P2P 2007, Sept. 2-5, 2007, Galway, Ireland

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 09:49:37 +0200

Apologies for multiple postings

This year the conference features in addition to the technical paper track

- three keynote presentations

- two half day tutorials
  -- Tutorial 1: An Overview of the Windows Peer-to-Peer and Collaboration
Platform:
     Building Great Applications using Standard Components
  -- Tutorial 2: Peer-to-Peer - From basic principles to selected advanced
topics

- a demo track.

======================================================================
                        CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                             P2P 2007
    7th IEEE International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing
        "Distributed computing at the edge of the Internet"

                          Galway, Ireland
                        September 2-5, 2007

                     http://www.p2p2007.org
======================================================================

P2P2007 is the seventh in a series of annual conferences concerned
with overlay network technologies. Overlay networks combine and share
the resources owned by devices that are distributed at the edge of the
Internet, which are normally relegated to the role of clients. The key
issues to be considered are scalability, robustness, and security
which must be solved before (legal) peer-to-peer services will become
mainstream. Consistent with the previous occurrences of this
conference, P2P2007 promotes the collaboration in research among
academic institutions, government organizations, and enterprises that
are concerned with the research and implementation of peer-to-peer
networks and large scale distributed systems.

P2P2007 includes three keynote speeches, two tutorials, 26 regular
papers (acceptance rate 19%), 6 short papers, and 5 demonstration
papers. The conference preliminary program is provided below (also
available at http://www.p2p2007.org).

P2P2007 Program Highlights:

Three renowned world-class areas leaders will provide keynote talks:
(1) Timothy Roscoe, ETH. P2P and the Internet Architecture: Possible Futures
(2) Karl Aberer, EPFL. Peer-to-Peer Information Retrieval
(3) Wolfgang Kellerer, NTT DoCoMo Euro-Labs.
    The Bright Future of P2P: a Telecom Operator's Perspective 

P2P2007 Registration:
Early Registration deadline: August 3, 2007
Online registration open at http://www.p2p2007.org/registration.html

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:

General Chair
- Alberto Montresor, University of Trento, Italy

Program Committee co-Chairs:
- Manfred Hauswirth, National University of Ireland, Galway
- Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Adam Wierzbicki, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology,
Poland

Industrial Liason Chair
- Wolfgang Kellerer, NTT DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany

Steering Committee:
- Nahid Shahmehri, Linkopings Universitet, Sweden
- Germano Caronni, Google Inc., USA
- Nathalie Weiler, Credit Suisse, Switzerland
- Douglas Reeves, N.C. State University, USA

PRELIMINARY CONFERENCE PROGRAM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 2nd September, 2007. DERI, IDA Business Park, Lower Dangan, Galway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 9.00 - 10.00 - Registration

10.00 - 11.00 - Tutorial 1: 

Dr Sandeep K. Singhal, Director Windows Networking, Microsoft
Corporation, Ravi Rao, Senior Program Manager for P2P, Microsoft
Corporation. 
An Overview of the Windows Peer-to-Peer and Collaboration
Platform: Building Great Applications using Standard Components

11.00 - 11.30 - Coffee break

11.30 - 13.00 - Tutorial 1 continued: 

Dr Sandeep K. Singhal, Director Windows Networking, Microsoft
Corporation, Ravi Rao, Senior Program Manager for P2P, Microsoft
Corporation. 
An Overview of the Windows Peer-to-Peer and Collaboration
Platform: Building Great Applications using Standard Components

13.00 - 14.00 - Lunch

14.00 - 15.00 - Tutorial 2: 

Wolfgang Kellerer, Zoran Despotovic, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Stefan Zoels,
Gerald Kunzmann, Technische Universitaet Muenchen. Peer-to-Peer - From
basic principles to selected advanced topics.

15.00 - 15.30 - Coffee break

15.30 - 17.00 - Tutorial 2 continued:

Wolfgang Kellerer, Zoran Despotovic, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Stefan Zoels,
Gerald Kunzmann, Technische Universitaet Muenchen. Peer-to-Peer - From
basic principles to selected advanced topics.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 3rd September, 2007. Meyrick Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway

---------------------------------------------------------------

 9.00 -   9.15 - Welcome

 9.15 - 10.00 - Keynote

  Timothy Roscoe. P2P and the Internet Architecture: Possible Futures

10.00 - 10.30 - Coffee break, Demo Session 1

* Ingmar Baumgart, Bernhard Heep and Stephan Krause. A P2PSIP
  Demonstrator Powered by OverSim 

10.30 - 12.00 - Session 1: Overlay Networks

* Nima Sarshar and Vwani Roychowdhury. An End-to-End Solution to
  Scalable Unstructured P2P Networking 
* Tallat Shafaat, Ali Ghodsi and Seif Haridi. Handling Network
  Partitions and Mergers in Structured Overlay Networks 
* Ivan Dedinski, Alexander Hofmann and Hermann de Meer. Cooperative
  Keep-Alives: An Efficient Outage Detection Algorithm for P2P Overlay
  Networks 

12.00 - 13.30 - Lunch

13.30 - 15.00 - Session 2: Searching and Query Management

* Marcel Karnstedt, Kai-Uwe Sattler and Roman Schmidt. Completeness
  Estimation of Range Queries in Structured Overlays 
* Xinyao Hu, Shicong Meng, Cong Shi, Dingyi Han and Yong
  Yu. Predicting Query Duplication with Box-Jenkins Models and Its
  Applications 
* Aleksandra Kovacevic, Nicolas Liebau and Ralf Steinmetz. Globase.KOM
  - A Peer-to-Peer Overlay for Fully Retrievable Location-based Search 

15.00 - 16.00 - Coffee break, Demo Session 2

* Ulrich Mueller, Matt Young and Alain Gefflaut. Running the Windows
  P2P Infrastructure on Mobile Phones

16.00 - 17.30 - Session 3: Data Management

* Jing Tian, Zhi Yang and Yafei Dai. A Data Placement Scheme with
  Time-Related Model for P2P Storages 
* Gianluca Moro, Gabriele Monti and Stefano Lodi. A Robust
  Self-Organizing Infrastructure for P2P Data Management in Data-Centric
  Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks 
* Dongmei Jia, Wai Gen Yee, Linh Nguyen and Ophir
  Frieder. Distributed, Automatic File Descriptor Tuning in Peer-to-Peer
  File-Sharing Systems 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday 4th September, 2007. Meyrick Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway

---------------------------------------------------------------

 9.00 -   9.45 - Keynote

  Karl Aberer. Peer-to-Peer Information Retrieval.

 9.45 - 10.15 - Coffee break, Demo Session 3

* Boris Mejias, Donatien Grolaux and Peter Van Roy. PEPINO:
  PEer-to-Peer network INspectOr 

10.10 - 12.15 - Session 4: Security, Trust and Reputation 1

* Thomas Locher, Stefan Schmid and Roger Wattenhofer. Rescuing
  Tit-for-Tat with Source Coding 
* Dimitri DeFigueiredo, Balaji Venkatachalam and S. Felix Wu. Bounds
  on the Performance of P2P Networks Using Tit-for-Tat Strategies 
* Dimitrios Vassilakis and Vasilis Vassalos. Modelling Real P2P
  Networks: The Effect of Altruism 
* Souvik Ray and Zhao Zhang. An Information-theoretic framework for
  analyzing leak of privacy in Distributed Hash Tables 

12.15 - 13.30 - Lunch

13.30 - 15.00 - Session 5: Overlay Construction

* Fabien Mathieu. Self-Stabilization in Preference-Based Networks
* Danny Bickson, Dahlia Malkhi and Lidong Zhou. Peer-to-Peer Rating
* Matteo Dell'Amico. Mapping Small Worlds

15.00 - 16.00 - Coffee break, Demo Session 4

* James Walkerdine, Danny Hughes and Kevin Lee. The Effect of Viral
  Media on Business Usage of P2P 

16.00 - 17.30 - Session 6: Routing

* Joseph Kong and Vwani Roychowdhury. Price of Structured Routing and
  Its Mitigation in P2P Systems under Churn
* Qiang Wang and M. Tamer Ozsu. An Efficient Eigenvalue-based P2P XML
  Routing Framework 
* Fabius Klemm, Sarunas Girdzijauskas, Jean-Yves Le Boudec and Karl
  Aberer. On Routing in Distributed Hash Tables 

Social event

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 5th September, 2007. Meyrick Hotel, Eyre Square, Galway

------------------------------------------------------------------

 9.00 -   9.45 - Keynote

  Wolfgang Kellerer. The Bright Future of P2P: a Telecom Operator's
  Perspective

  9.30 - 10.00 - Coffee break, Demo session 5

* Tobias Heer, Shaohui Li and Klaus Wehrle. PISA: P2P Wi-Fi Internet
  Sharing Architecture

10.00 - 12.00 - Session 7: Security, Trust and Reputation 2

* Marlom Konrath, Marinho Barcellos and Rodrigo Mansilha. Attacking a
  Swarm with a Band of Liars: evaluating the impact of attacks on
  BitTorrent 
* Anna Satsiou and Leandros Tassiulas. A Trust-Based Exchange
  Framework for Multiple Services in P2P Systems 
* Cristiano Costa and Jussara Almeida. Reputation Systems for Fighting
  Pollution in Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Systems 
* Liang Xie and Sencun Zhu. A Study on Defending Against Ultra-Fast
  Topological Worms 

12.00 - 13.30 - Lunch

13.30 - 15.00 - Session 8: Services and Applications

* Michael Duelli, Tobias Hoßfeld and Dirk Staehle. Impact of Vertical
  Handovers on Cooperative Content Distribution Systems
* Xiaoyu Yang and Yiming Hu. A DHT-based Infrastructure for
  Content-based Publish/Subscribe Services
* Deger Cenk Erdil and Michael J. Lewis. Grid Resource Scheduling with
  Gossiping Protocols

15.00 - 15.30 - Coffee break

15.30 - 17.30 - Session 9: Short papers

* Piotr Karwaczynski. Fabric: Synergistic Proximity Neighbour
  Selection Method 
* Danny Bickson, Roy Borer and Danny Dolev. BitCod - A BitTorrent
  Client using Network Coding
* Ravi Rao and Sandeep Singhal. P2P-IM:  A P2P Presence System for the
  Internet
* Qi Zhang, Marco Piumatti and Sandeep Singhal. Private Peer-to-Peer
  Overlay for Real-Time Monitoring of a Deployed Internet-Scale
  Peer-to-Peer Overlay 
* Cyrus Harvesf and Douglas Blough. The Design and Evaluation of Route
  Diversity Techniques in Distributed Hash Tables
* Bivas Mitra, Sujoy Ghose and Niloy Ganguly. How stable are large
  superpeer networks against attack?
_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg