Subject: [P2Prg] [CFP] MSOP2P extended to August 1st

From: "Andreas Binzenhoefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:55:20 +0200

Sorry for multiple copies.

Deadline extended to August 1st, 2007

======================================================================
                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                  2nd International Workshop on
  Modeling, Simulation, and Optimization of Peer-to-peer Environments

                           MSOP2P 2008
         http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/msop2p/

               In conjunction with Euromicro PDP 2008
                        Toulouse, France
                      February 13-15, 2008
                     http://www.pdp2008.org
======================================================================

=====================
Scope of the workshop
=====================

The algorithms and methods of Peer-to-Peer (p2p) technology are often
applied to networks and services with a high demand for scalability.
The huge number of peers, the state space, as well as the interactions
and relationships between peers and states often makes an analytical
description intractable. Discrete event simulation is a tool which is
able to incorporate all interactions and parameters and may reflect
reality as accurately as possible. Large scale simulations, however,
also require sufficient memory capacities and often exceed the
available computational power. It might already be a problem just to
keep the states of the peers in the main memory

The 2nd International Workshop on Modeling, Simulation, and
Optimization of Peer-to-peer environments (MSOP2P) aims to bring
together researchers and practitioners from academia, industry and
government to advance the state of the art in modeling, simulating and
optimizing P2P environments. The workshop also offers the opportunity
to discuss different techniques to make p2p simulations scalable, to
debate the advantages and disadvantages of a simulation on packet level
or on application level, and to compare analytical models as well as
emulations to results gained by simulation. The general venue will be
a good occasion to share, to learn, and to discuss the latest results
in this field of research.

======
Topics
======

* Modeling of P2P systems
* Performance evaluation of P2P systems
* Simulation of P2P systems
* Traffic management for P2P computing systems
* Algorithms for computing and performance implications in P2P
* Analytical modeling of Peer-to-Peer systems
* Quantitative analysis of Peer-to-Peer infrastructures and overlays
* Emulation of P2P sytems
* Protocols for resource management/discovery/reservation/scheduling
* Workload characterization for P2P systems

===============
Important Dates
===============

Paper submission deadline: Extended to August 1, 2007
Notification of acceptance: October 1, 2007
Camera ready papers due: October 31, 2007
Conference: February 13-15, 2008

==================
Submission Details
==================

Prospective authors should submit a full paper not exceeding 5000 words
in length and including a 150-200 word abstract. This approximately
corresponds to 8 doublecolumn pages in IEEE style. To facilitate an
anonymous reviewing process, the first page of the paper should contain
only the title and abstract. Proceedings will be published by IEEE CS.
Best papers will be selected for a special issue of Journal of Systems
Architecture. Authors of accepted papers are expected to register and
present the paper at the Conference.

Papers submitted for the workshops or special sessions must be submitted
through the conference submission system with an indication of the name
of the workshop/special session. Papers must adhere to the formatting
rules of the conference and will undergo the same review process as other
papers submitted to the conference.

The submission system is now online at
http://www.pdp2008.org/submission.html

============
Organization
============

General Chair

Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Andreas Binzenhoefer, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

Program Committee

Gabriel Antoniu, INRIA, France
Giovanni Chiola, Universita di Genova, Italy
Didier El Baz, CNRS, France
Vasilios Darlagiannis, EPFL, Switzerland
Gilles Fedak, INRIA Futurs, France
Mark Jelasity, Hungarian Acad. Sci. and University of Szeged, Hungary
Sam Joseph, University of Hawaii, USA
Riccardo Lancellotti, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
Kenji Leibnitz, Osaka University, Japan
Nikolas Liebau, Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
Gaeta Rossano, Universita di Torino, Italy
Matteo Sereno, Universita di Torino, Italy
Francois Spies, University of Franche-Comte, France
Naoki Wakamiya, Osaka University, Japan

=======
Contact
=======

Contact us by email: [email-masked]  

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg