Subject: [P2Prg] Hot-P2P 2008: Call for Papers

From: "Matteo Dell'Amico" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:32:55 +0100

[ Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS  Hot-P2P 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                    Fifth International Workshop on
           Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems (Hot-P2P 2008)
                         http://www.disi.unige.it/hotp2p/

                    In conjunction with IPDPS 2008
                 April 14-18, 2008 - Miami, Florida US

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Submission deadline: Saturday, November 3rd, 2007
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Friday, December 21st, 2007
Camera ready version due: Monday, January 28th, 2008 (same as IPDPS)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) systems are decentralized, self-organizing distributed
systems that cooperate to exchange data. These systems have emerged as the
dominant consumers of residential Internet subscribers' bandwidth, and are
being increasingly used in many different application domains. In the last
few years, research on P2P systems has been quite intensive, and has
produced
remarkable results in scalability, robustness, location, distributed
storage,
and system measurements.  Consequently, P2P systems continue to evolve,
differentiating today's state-of-the-art from earlier instantiations such
as Napster, KaZaA, Gnutella, and Morpheus.

The International Workshop on Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems (Hot-P2P)
aims to bring together researchers and practitioners, from both industry and
academia, in the fields of systems, networking, and theory, and to represent

an occasion to share latest research results and ideas on P2P systems,
thereby
promoting research activities in this area.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* P2P applications and infrastructures
* Performance evaluation and workload characterization
* Trust and reputation in P2P systems
* Security and privacy in P2P systems
* Routing and fault-tolerance in P2P systems
* Resource discovery/management in P2P systems
* Network support for P2P systems
* Self-organization and self-management in P2P environments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full papers will be submitted electronically using the EDAS Conference
Management System. Papers should be up to 8 pages, using IEEE's two column
format and include the author's name, affiliation and contact details.

Detailed information on electronic submission are provided on the web site
of the workshop: http://www.disi.unige.it/hotp2p/2008/submproc.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROGRAM COMMITTEE (preliminary)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Program Co-chairs:
Giuseppe Ciaccio, Universita' di Genova (Italy)
Thomas Furhmann, Universitat Karlsruhe (Germany)

Program Committee members:
Cosimo Anglano, Universita' del Piemonte Orientale (Italy)
Nikita Borisov, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (USA)
Julien Bourgeois, LIFC, Universite' Franche-Comte (France)
Franck Cappello, LRI - Universite' Paris Sud (France)
Eddy Caron, ENS Lyon (France)
Antonio Corradi, Universita' di Bologna (Italy)
Matteo Dell'Amico, Universita' di Genova (Italy)
Luisa Gargano, Universita' di Salerno (Italy)
Giulio Iannello, Universita' Campus Biomedico, Roma (Italy)
Laurent Lefevre, INRIA (France)
Luigi Liquori, INRIA (France)
Alessandro Mei, Universita' di Roma "La Sapienza" (Italy)
Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, New Jersey (USA)
Giancarlo Ruffo, Universita' di Torino (Italy)
Florian Schintke, Zuse Institut Berlin (Germany)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FURTHER INFORMATION at http://www.disi.unige.it/hotp2p/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg