Subject: [P2Prg] PerSeNS 2008 Deadline Extended to October 6

From: "Yates, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:35:40 -0400

Dear Colleague,

 Please accept my apologies if you have received multiple copies of this
announcement.

  David Yates
<http://www.bentley.edu/academics-research/faculty_research/faculty_data
base/faculty_detail.cfm?id=1150639&external=yes>  / CIS
<http://cis.bentley.edu/>  / Bentley College <http://www.bentley.edu/>  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fourth IEEE PerCom International Workshop on Sensor Networks and
Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2008)

http://www.ing.unipi.it/persens/

in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2008 (http://www.percom.org/) March
17-21, 2008, Hong Kong

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Thanks to wireless sensor networks, pervasive computing environments are
becoming a reality. Wireless sensor networks are aggregates of sensor
nodes into sophisticated sensing, computational and communication
infrastructures. These new networks are having a significant impact (and
promises to have even more) on a wide array of applications ranging from
military, to scientific, to industrial, to health-care, to domestic,
establishing ubiquitous computing that will pervade society and redefine
the way in which we live and work.

The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum to exchange ideas,
discuss solutions, and share experiences among researchers,
professionals, and application developers both from industry and
academia. Original papers addressing both theoretical and practical
aspects of sensor networks are solicited. Papers describing prototype
and experimental implementations and deployment of sensor networks and
systems are particularly welcome.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

   - Sensor-based systems and applications

   - Operating systems

   - Middleware and software tools

   - Networking architectures and protocols

   - Data gathering, aggregation and dissemination

   - Topology control

   - Power management and energy-efficient design

   - Time synchronization

   - Location management

   - Sensor networks with mobile elements

   - Cross-layer architectures

   - Intelligent sensor nodes

   - Security and dependability issues

   - Modelling and performance evaluation

   - Measurements

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published,
or currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be
limited to 6 pages in IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in
accordance with the IEEE Computer Society author guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/INSTRUCT.HTM).

All submissions will be handled electronically. Authors should prepare a
PDF file and submit it according to the submission instructions that
will be made available at the workshop website. Accepted papers will be
published by the IEEE Computer Society in the combined PerCom 2008
workshops proceedings.

IMPORTANT DATES

Papers due                    OCTOBER    6,  2007

Notification of acceptance    November  23,  2007

Camera-ready papers due       December  21,  2007

WORKSHOP CO-ORGANIZERS

Giuseppe Anastasi

   Dept. of Information Engineering

   University of Pisa

   Via Diotisalvi 2, 56122 Pisa - Italy

   E-mail: [email-masked]

Silvia Giordano

   Dept. of Technologies and Innovations

   University of Applied Science - SUPSI

   Galleria 2 - Via Cantonale

   6928 Manno - Switzerland

   Email: [email-masked]

Qi Han

   Dept. of  Mathematical and Computer Science

   Colorado School of Mines

   1500 Illinois Street

   Golden, CO 80401, U.S.A.

   Email: [email-masked]

Stephan Olariu

   Department of Computer Science

   Old Dominion University

   Norfolk, VA 23529-0162, U.S.A.

   Email: [email-masked]

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS

   Mario Di Francesco, University of Pisa, Italy

   Guoliang Xing, City University of Hong Kong, HK

   David Yates, Bentley College, USA

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

   Ozgur Akan, Middle East Technical University at Ankara, Turkey

   Cesare Alippi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

   Alan Bertossi, University of Bologna, Italy

   Edoardo Biagioni, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA

   Ladislau Boloni, University of Central Florida, USA

   Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Italy

   Levente Buttyan, Budapest Univ. of Tech. and Economics, Hungary

   Vinny Cahill, Trinity College, Ireland

   Tiziana Calamoneri, University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy

   Jiannong Cao, HK Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

   Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

   Diane J. Cook, Washington State University, USA,

   Sajal K. Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

   Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Tech, USA

   Paul Havinga, University of Twente, The Netherlands

   Isabelle Guerin Lassous, INRIA, France

   Holger Karl, University Paderborn, Germany

   Mohan Kumar, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

   Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

   Giuseppe Lo Re, University of Palermo, Italy

   Cecilia Mascolo, University College London, UK

   Pietro Michiardi, Institut Eurecom, France

   Amy Murphy, IRST-ITC,Italy

   Symeon Papavassiliou, National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece

   Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy

   Cristina Pinotti, University of Perugia, Italy

   Ravi Prakash, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

   Shaharuddin Salleh, University of Technology, Malaysia

   Maria Giovanna Sami, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

   Rahul Shah, Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, USA

   Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada

   Damla Turgut, University of Central Florida, USA

   Laura Vanzago, ST Microelectonics, Italy

   Nalini Venkatasubramanian, University California at Irvine, USA

   Jie Wu, Florid Atlantic University, USA

   Guoliang Xing, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

   David Yates, Bentley College, USA

   Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland, USA

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg