Subject: [P2Prg] HICSS42 CFP

From: Bill Yeager <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:33:27 -0700

Architectures for Distributed Systems

Software Technology Track Mini-track
CALL FOR PAPERS
Forty-second Annual
Hawaii International Conference of Systems Sciences
January 5-8, 2009
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Waikoloa, Big Island, Hawaii

http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu

As the global Internet extends its reach with both backbone and "to  
the edge" bandwidth increasing with a concomitant drop in latency,  
the deployment of globally distributed services has become a reality.  
Popular deployed examples, each with a different distributed  
architecture and two of which are opensource, are Skype that spans  
the globe and consistently has between seven and ten million active  
users; Second Life’s 3-D world; SETI@Home’s "BOINC" computational  
Grid; BitTorrent’s Content Distribution Network; and ppLive, and  
ppStream in China, as well as Zattoo in Europe, all of three which  
are video streaming applications.

Realizing there are many possible architectures and methodologies for  
distributed systems, including agent-oriented and resource-oriented  
architectures, Peer-to-Peer architectures, Grids, and hybrid systems  
that combine the qualities of two or more of these, this mini-track  
will explore the relative merits of different services that these  
distributed architectures offer from an interdisciplinary perspective  
by bringing together participants with technology backgrounds,  
practitioners from industry, members of open source communities, and  
researchers to discuss and evaluate the technology.

Thus, in this spirit the topics of this mini-track include
but are not limited to the following:

- Computational Grids
- Distributed Search
- Gossip-Based Protocols
- Mobile/Autonomous Agent Systems
- Monitoring Distributed Systems
- Overlay Networks
- P2P Live and On-demand Media Streaming
- P2P, Large-scale, Dynamic, Distributed Systems
- RESTful Systems
- Security and Trust in Distributed Systems
- Self-management Distributed Systems
- Secure Distributed Messaging Systems

Accepted papers may be theoretical, conceptual, or descriptive in  
nature. All contributions must be original and NOT currently  
submitted or scheduled for publication elsewhere. Those selected for  
presentation will be published in the Conference Proceedings  
published by the IEEE Computer Society.

Co-chairs:
William J. Yeager (PRIMARY CONTACT]
4ZGo,Inc.
Email: [email-masked]

Ali Ghodsi
Swedish Institute of Computer Science (SICS) and KTH/Royal Institute  
of Technology
Email: [email-masked]

Sam Joseph
Dept of Information and Computer Science
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Email: [email-masked]

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Djamal Benslimane, Universite Claude Bernard, France
Rita Yu Chen, 4ZGO, Inc.
Zoran Despotovic, Docomo Europe
Edo Giagioni, Unversity of Hawaii
Bradley Goldsmith, University of Tasmania, Australia
Francesco Guerra, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Mark Jelasity, Hungarian Acad. Sci. and University of Szeged
Alberto Montresor, University of Trento, Italy
Jean-Henry Morin, Korea University Business School, South Korea
Gianluca Moro, University of Bologna
Andrea Omicini, University of Bologna, Italy
Paolo Petta, Austrian Research Institute for AI, Austria,
Martin Purvis, University of Otago, New Zealand
Douglas Reeves, North Carolina State University, USA
Claudio Sartori, University of Bologna, Italy
Maurizio Vincini, University of Modena and Reggio-Emilia, Italy
Spyros Voulgaris, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Fang Wang, British Telecom Group, UK

IMPORTANT DEADLINES
 From now to June 1: Prepare Abstracts. Authors may contact mini- 
track chairs for guidance and appropriateness of content.

June 15: Authors submit full papers by this date following the author  
instructions at:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_42/authorinstruction.htm

All papers will be submitted in double column publication format and  
limited to 10 pages including diagrams and references. HICSS papers  
undergo a double-blind review (June 15 – August 15).

August 15: Acceptance notices are sent to Authors.

September 15: Authors submit the final version of papers following  
the submission instructions posted on the HICSS website:
http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/hicss_42/42callforpapers.htm

At least one author of each paper must register by this date with  
specific plans to attend the conference.

October 2: Papers without at least one registered author will be  
pulled from the publication process; authors will be notified.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg