Subject: [P2Prg] FINAL CFP: Special Issue on Content DistributionInfrastructuresfor Community Networks (Elsevier Computer Networks Journal)

From: "Carmen Guerrero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 17:00:23 +0200

[Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this cfp]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS
Elsevier Computer Networks
Special issue on
"Content Distribution Infrastructures for Community Networks"

-------------------------------------------------------------
***** SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED to April 20th, 2008  *****
-------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.elsevier.com/authored_subject_sections/P05/CFP/cfp_contdistinfra.
pdf

Multimedia content delivery has undergone a dramatic change in recent  
years. The roles of content provider and producer are no longer  
restricted to a few professional organisations, as more and more users  
share audio visual content or use community sites to support their  
common interest. Nowadays, both portable multimedia devices (e.g.,  
PDAs, mobile phones, MP3 recorders, and digital cameras) and home  
entertainment systems (e.g., set-top boxes, game consoles, and  
media-centers) have become integral parts of the content distribution  
system. Also the underlying delivery infrastructure is undergoing  
major changes. There is a shift away from the traditional  
client/server model to systems based on the peer-to-peer paradigm,  
which let users share computational, storage and bandwidth resources.  
Moreover, the physical infrastructure is evolving towards some form of  
spontaneous cooperation of technologies, in order to support the  
creation of wireless ad hoc networks or wireless Community Networks.  
Thus, the well known engineering problem of delivering multimedia  
content through the Internet is evolving into the problem of how to  
dynamically create content distribution infrastructures and services.

The purpose of this special issue is to publish high-quality papers on  
recent advances in the study of content distribution infrastructures  
with a special focus on infrastructures designed for serving Community  
Networks. Specifically, submissions are solicited for papers dealing  
with specification, design, performance evaluation and benchmarking of  
novel architectures and paradigms supporting Content Distribution in  
Community Networks where decentralization of content delivery is  
combined with self-configuring, self-organizing, self-managing, and  
self-adapting solutions at all technical layers in order to minimize  
the need for human intervention. Topics of interest include, although  
are not limited to, the following:

- Community networks infrastructures for content delivery
- Mobility and nomadicity on community networks
- New incentives models for community networks
- Self-organization on community networks
- P2P applications, services, systems, and overlays on community networks
- Measurement, modeling, and performance characterization
- Service oriented architectures for content delivery on community networks
- Impact on the Future Media Internet
- Testbeds, deployed scenarios and user experience studies

Prospective authors must prepare their papers according to the "Guide  
to Authors" available at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/comnet, and  
submit to http://www.editorialmanager.com/comnet, choosing the Article  
Type: "SI-Content Distribution Infr.". Manuscripts should be clearly  
organized, written in good English and describe original research not  
published nor currently under review by other journals or conferences.  
Papers must be in single-column format, double-spaced, and use at  
least 11 pt fonts, and should not exceed 25 pages including  
references. Requests for further information may be addressed to the  
guest editors.

Manuscript due: April 20, 2008 (FINAL DEADLINE, NO FURTHER EXTENSIONS !!!)
Acceptance notification: June 16, 2008
Final revised manuscript due: August 15, 2007
Publication: December 2008

Guest editors
Dr. Roberto Canonico, Università di Napoli "Federico II"
Dra. Carmen Guerrero, University Carlos III of Madrid
Dr. Andreas Mauthe, Lancaster University

_______________________________________________
All mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ist-content.eu:448/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/all

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg