Subject: [P2Prg] DSOM 2008 CFP, (part of MANWEEK 2008, September 22-26), Samos Island, Greece

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:48:16 +0200

Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP

================================================================
                            DSOM 2008 CALL FOR PAPERS
================================================================
19th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed Systems: Operations
and
Management DSOM 2008 (part of MANWEEK 2008, September 22-26)

Samos Island, Greece
www.manweek.org/2008/dsom

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Submission: April 28 2008
Notification: June 13 2008
Camera ready: June 30 2008
Conference: September 22-26 2008

The primary theme of DSOM 2008 will be "Managing Large Scale Service
Deployment" focusing both on management of overlay networks and on
virtualized service infrastructures. The concepts of abstract overlays
and
virtualization could constitute key contributors for efficient large
scale
service deployment and testing. Scalable abstract overlay networks
accompanied with appropriate management techniques could offer
flexibility
for future service deployment and consumption with high quality of
experience. Virtualization decouples service substantiation from its
actual
realization over networking and IT infrastructures enabling wide-scale
deployment of services. The goal of DSOM 2008 is to bring together
industry
and academia to address the research issues related to managing large
scale
services deployment, report on practical experiences and discuss about
future research steps.

Topics of interest include:
-       Management of next generation service networks
-       Virtualization of networks and services
-       Self-management and virtualization in distributed systems
-       Performance and QoS management in virtualized environments
-       Scalable overlay network management
-       Algorithms for dynamic overlay network topology construction and
service selection
-       Distributed, decentralized, and P2P-based overlay network
management
-       QoS and resilience through overlay networks
-       Dynamic service deployment for fault tolerance, resource
efficiency and high availability
-       Federated experimental facilities
-       Large scale distributed middleware
-       Management and operations of massively redundant data centers
-       P2P techniques for management of massive amounts of data and
services
-       Middleware for efficient management of sensor network services
-       Large scale personal content management systems
-       Managing security in a virtual environment
-       Fault management and event correlation
-       Monitoring and measurements

PAPER SUBMISSION
 www.manweek.org/2008/dsom through JEMS conference management
system

PROCEEDINGS
The DSOM 2008 proceedings will be published in Springer-Verlag's Lecture
Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. The best papers of DSOM 2008
will be
invited to be submitted as extended versions to the IEEE Transactions on
Network and Service Management - TNSM.

CO-CHAIRS
Filip De Turck (Ghent University, Belgium)
Wolfgang Kellerer (DoCoMo, Germany)
George Kormentzas (University of the Aegean, Greece)
_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg