Subject: [P2Prg] Extended deadlines - CFP IEEE P2P'08 - 8th Intl. Conference on P2P Computing, Aachen, Germany, Sept. 8-11, 2008

From: "Kellerer, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:28:39 +0200

Due to numerous requests the paper submission deadline has been extended
to: April 28th, 6pm, PDT

Paper registration (abstract) is still open due to numerous requests
until April 17th, 6pm, PDT

======================================================================

                 Call for Papers -- IEEE P2P'08

        8th International Conference on Peer-to-Peer Computing

"Distributed Computing/Networking/Services at the Edge of the Internet"

                           Aachen, Germany

                         September 8-11, 2008

                        http://www.p2p08.org/

======================================================================

SCOPE

  IEEE P2P'08 is the eighth conference in a series of annual conferences
  concerned with overlay network technologies and massively distributed
  systems & applications.

  Peer-to-Peer systems benefit from and share the resources owned by
  systems that are distributed around the Internet. Examples of such
  technologies include peer-to-peer applications and grids, and in
  general, any large-scale distributed system characterized by
  decentralization and sharing of resources.

  Recently, interesting applications of P2P technology have begun to
  emerge, together with new platforms for application development. We
  invite papers that reflect experience with practical applications of
  the current state of the art, or that explore new application areas.
  We are particularly interested in real, large-scale, deployed systems
  and applications, rather than small-scale examples composed of a few
  nodes. The key issues to be considered are scalability, robustness,
and
  security; we believe that these aspects are fundamental issues that
  must be solved before Peer-to-Peer and Grid services will become
  mainstream.

  Consistent with the previous occurrences of this conference, we would
  like to promote collaboration in research among academic institutions,
  government organizations, and business enterprises that are concerned
  with the research and implementation of peer-to-peer networks, grids,
  and large scale distributed systems.

TOPICS

  Topics that relate to Peer-to-Peer systems, Peer-to-Peer applications,
  Grid systems, large-scale distributed systems, and overlay networks
are
  open for consideration. We would like to give special encouragement to
  experience reports with applications, with particular emphasis to
those
  that treat problems related to scalability, robustness and security.

  Topics of interest for the conference include, but are not limited to:

     * P2P applications and services
     * Industrial applications / P2P in use
     * Security in P2P systems
     * Performance and robustness of P2P systems
     * Self-organization in P2P systems
     * P2P Information retrieval
     * Higher-level query support in P2P systems
     * Semantic overlay networks and
       semantic query routing in P2P systems
     * Trust and reputation management in P2P systems
     * Overlay architectures and topologies
     * P2P overlay interworking with underlying infrastructure
     * Overlay monitoring and management
     * Social networks
     * P2P Systems over MANETs
     * Delay Tolerant P2P systems
     * P2P economics
     * Cooperation in P2P systems
     * P2P workload characterization and simulation
     * P2P grids

  The P2P'0x conference series has developed to a highly selective
  conference on all topics of Peer-to-Peer research. The acceptance
  rate of the previous conferences was around 20%.

  All papers will be reviewed by at least three experts from the
  mentioned areas. The proceedings will be published by IEEE Press.
  A hardcopy will be available at the Conference. IEEE technical
  sponsorship is currently pending.

INDUSTRY TRACK

  We are especially interested in experience with practical,
large-scale,
  industrial, deployed applications. Therefore P2P'08 is going to set up
  a special industry track in its program.

  Please indicate when submitting your paper if you wish your submitted
  paper to be considered into an  industry track.

DEMO PROPOSALS

  P2P'08 is encouraging the P2P community to demonstrate their latest
  system developments and P2P applications at the P2P 2008 conference
  site. In addition to  the demo presentation announced in the official
  conference program, a two page abstract will be published in the
  proceedings.

  For further and most up-to-date details check the P2P'08 web site:
  http://www.p2p08.org

TUTORIALS

  P2P'08 will host tutorials alongside the main conference. Tutorials 
  will take place on Monday, September 8th, 2008. Tutorial presenters 
  are invited to submit high-quality tutorial proposals on novel and 
  emerging topics as well related to the general focus of the main 
  conference or an introduction to P2P. Tutorials should generally be 
  self-contained in nature. More information on the conference and the 
  tutorials is available under http://www.p2p08.org/.

IMPORTANT DATES

  Abstract submission deadline: 	 extended until April 17th, 6pm,
PDT sharp!

  Full paper submission deadline: 	 extended until April 28th, 6pm,
PDT sharp!

  Notification of acceptance: 	 June 9, 2008

  Camera ready papers due: 	 	June 16, 2008

  Conference: 			 	September 8-11, 2008

SUBMISSION DETAILS

  IEEE P2P'08 is looking for original, unpublished contributions in 
  all aspects of Peer-to-Peer systems as described in the conference
scope.

  Papers can be submitted as regular full papers (max. 10 pages) or
short 
  papers (2-4 pages) showing early ideas.

  All papers will be evaluated through a double-blind review process. It

  is important that papers be anonymized -- by removing author names and

  affiliations, as well as masking information about projects or
references 
  that would clearly reveal the authors' identity.

  Authors should prepare a PDF file following the IEEE single-space,
two-column 
  format using at least 10 point size type. The maximum page limit is 10
pages 
  (camera-ready versions may be restricted to 8 pages) for full papers
and 
  2-4 pages for short papers.

  The IEEE templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word, as well as related
information, 
  can be found at the P2P'08 website.

  Paper submission is managed through EasyChair. All papers must be
submitted 
  in PDF format. You can access the submission system by following the
link given 
  on the P2P'08 web page.

  All papers must be registered with the system by the abstract
submission 
  deadline. Papers are accepted in PDF format only and must be 
  uploaded by the paper deadline.

  Selected papers will be published in the Springer Journal
"Peer-to-Peer 
  Networking and Applications". A separate call be made after the
conference.

COMMITTEES

  General Chair:

   - Klaus Wehrle, RWTH Aachen University

  Program Committee Co-Chairs:

   - Wolfgang Kellerer, DoCoMo Euro-Labs, Germany

   - Sandeep K. Singhal, Microsoft Corporation, USA

   - Ralf Steinmetz, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany

Industrial Liason Chair:

  - Oliver Heckmann, Google Labs Zurich

Tutorial/Demo Chair:

    * Nicolas Liebau, TU Darmstadt

Publication/Publicity Chair:

    * Adam Wierzbicki, Polish-Japanese Institute of Information
Technology,
Poland
    * Ute Mueller, RWTH Aachen University 

Program Committee: 	

  - see http://www.p2p08.org/ for the complete list

  Subscribe to our P2P mailing list and we will keep you posted
regarding
  major additions to the schedule and other late breaking news.

  To subscribe to the P2P info mailing list (p2p08-info @
  nets.rwth-aachen.de) subscribe at the following website:
  http://mail-i4.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/mailman/listinfo/p2p08-info

CONTACT US

  Contact us by e-mail at p2p08 @ nets.rwth-aachen.de

  Links to the previous editions of this conference can be found at the
  homepage of the P2P conference series at
http://www.p2p-conference.org.

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg