Subject: [P2Prg] ACM healthnet 2008 - call for participation

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:44:36 +0200

We apologize  in advance if  you receive multiple  copies of
this Call for Participation.

*  ON-LINE REGISTRATION  DEADLINE FAST APPROACHING: JUNE 2 *
************************************************************
                 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
                   ACM HealthNet 2008

      The 2nd ACM/SIGMOBILE International Workshop on
       Systems and Networking Support for
        Healthcare and Assisted Living Environments
                   Breckenridge, Colorado
                      June 17, 2008
           http://reti.dsi.uniroma1.it/HealthNet08/

              Sponsored by ACM SIGMOBILE
         in conjunction with ACM MobiSys 2008

Supported by Microsoft Research (gold) and IBM (silver)

                       Register Now!
************************************************************
You are  cordially invited  to join us  in Breckenridge, CO,
USA, on  June 17, 2008  for participating to  ACM HealthNet
2008.  The workshop is  devoted to presenting and discussing
novel  findings and  approaches for  healthcare  systems and
networks.

HealthNet features a program with research papers and demos along with
opportunities to get in touch with researchers and business practitioners
on the field of networking for healthcare. Come and:

- Get insights into the needs and wishes of the health practitioners by
attending the KEYNOTE speaker, John Luo, M.D., on "Mobile Computing in
Healthcare: The Dreams and Wishes of Clinicians."

- Listen to the latest research results through presentation of
11 among
long and short papers and the latest demos.

- Enjoy the chance to network with fellow researchers, business leaders,
and practitioners.

JOIN us now by registering to attend HealthNet 2008
at
http://reti.dsi.uniroma1.it/HealthNet08/registration.html

============================================================
                  TECHNICAL PROGRAM
============================================================

Session 1, KEY NOTE: John Luo, M.D., UCLA, "Mobile Computing
in Healthcare: The Dreams and Wishes of Clinicians"

Session 2: The Health of the Patient

Augmenting Motion Sensing to Improve Detection of Periods of
Unusual Inactivity
   Jenny Weisenberg (GE Global Research, US);
   Paul Cuddihy (GE Global Research, US);
   Vrinda Rajiv (GE Global Research, US)

Body Sensor Networks Based Sensor Fusion for Cardiovascular
Biosignal Predications
   Huaming Li (Michigan Technological University, US);
   Jindong Tan (Michigan Technological University, US)

Body Sensor Networks to Evaluate Standing Balance: Interpreting
Muscular Activities Based on Inertial Sensors
   Rohith Ramachandran (The University of Texas at Dallas, US);
   Lakshmish Ramanna (The University of Texas at Dallas, US);
   Hassan Ghasemzadeh (The University of Texas at Dallas, US);
   Gaurav Pradhan ( The University of Texas at Dallas, US);
   Roozbeh Jafari (The University of California, Berkeley, US);
   Balakrishnan Prabhakaran (University of Texas at Dallas, US)

SESSION 3: POSTER/DEMO SESSION

POSTERS

SPA: a Smart Phone Assisted Chronic Illness Self-Management System
with Participatory Sensing
   Kewei Sha (Wayne State University, US);
   Weisong Shi (Wayne State University, US)

Hassle Free Fitness Monitoring
   David Jea (University of California, Los Angeles, US)

SmartBuckle: Human Activity Recognition using a 3-axis Accelerometer
and a Wearable Camera
   Yongwon Cho (Ajou University, KR)

Smartphone driven Healthcare System for Rural Communities in
Developing Countries
   Santosh Kulkarni (Auburn University, US);
   Prathima Agrawal (Auburn University, US)

Towards a Covered and Connected Body Sensor Network for
Healthcare Applications
   Nibedita Das (Arizona State University, US);
   Sudheendra Murthy (Arizona State University, US);
   Arunabha Sen (ASU, US)

DEMOS

Human identification by gait analysis
   Anuradha Annadhorai,
   Kruthika Haraga,
   Jaime Barnes,
   Eric Guenterberg,
   Roozbeh Jafari, (The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX, US)

The Ayushman Pervasive Health Monitoring System
   K. Venkatasubramanian,
   S. K. S. Gupta, (Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA)

Exploring early evaluation techniques of ambient health promoting devices
in home environments of senior citizens living independently
   Rajasee Rege,
   Heekyoung Jung,
   William Hazelwood,
   Greg Orlov,
   Kay Connelly,
   Kalpana Shankar (Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, US)

Using Lifelogging to Support Recollection for People with Episodic
Memory Impairment and their Caregivers
   Matthew L. Lee
   Anind K. Dey (Carnegie Mellon, Pittsburgh, PA, US)

SESSION 4: The Health of the System

Reducing Energy Consumption of Multi-Channel Mobile Medical
Monitoring Algorithms
   Eugene Shih (MIT, US);
   John Guttag (MIT, US)

Data-centric Support of a Smart Walker in a Ubiquitous-Computing 
Environment
   Hao Chen (University of Waterloo, CA);
   James P. Black (University of Waterloo, CA);
   Omar Khan (University of Waterloo, CA);
   Kamran Jamshaid (University of Waterloo, CA)

Ubiquitous Personal Assistive System for Neuropathy
   Foad Dabiri (UCLA, US)
   Alireza Vahdatpour (UCLA, US)
   Hyduke Noshadi (UCLA; US)
   Hagop Hagopian (UCLA; US)
   Majid Sarrafzadeh (UCLA, US)

-- 
Gaia Maselli, Postdoc
Computer Science Dept.
Rome University "La Sapienza"
Via Salaria 113, 00198 Rome
Italy

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg