Subject: [P2Prg] (no subject)

From: Li Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:46:32 -0400

Our apology if you've received multiple copies of this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CALL FOR PAPERS:   Paper Submission Deadline Extended to Oct. 15th 2008
6th IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Peer-to-Peer Computing  (MP2P'09)
http://www.samrg.org/mp2p/2009

Dallas, Texas, USA, March 16-20, 2009

In conjunction with the 7th IEEE International Conference on
Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom'09)
http://www.percom.org/

Technical funding by EuroNGI (*):
http://www.eurongi.org/

(*) Final approval pending

Important Dates:
----------------

Papers due:                          October 15, 2008         *** NEW 
DATE ****
Notification of acceptance      November 18, 2008
Camera-ready papers due       December 15, 2008

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Peer-to-Peer (P2P) computing is a networking and distributed computing
paradigm which allows the sharing of computing resources and services
by direct, symmetric interaction between computers. The advance in
mobile wireless communication technology and the increasing number of
mobile users, extend the arena of P2P computing to encompass mobile
devices and wireless networks.  The special characteristics of mobile
environments, such as highly variable connectivity, disconnection,
location-dependency, resource contraints, and diversity in wireless
networks as well as carrier-grade performance requirements bring new
challenges for research in mobile P2P communication and computing.

MP2P'09 is intended to serve as a continuing forum for scientists and
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their
experiences, new ideas, and research results about all aspects of  mobile
P2P computing and communications. It will address the  challenges,
technologies, and architectures leading to real-world  solutions that
provide users with direct access and control of their  critical peer-based
information and services, regardless of location or  device.

The principal theme of MP2P'09 is the peer-to-peer paradigm as used in
mobile ad hoc networks (MANETS), sensor networks, and large-scale
heterogeneous overlays.
Topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:

- Peer-to-peer overlays for MANETs and sensor networks
- Hybrid P2P architectures for integrated MANETs and wide-area networks
- Large-scale heterogeneous P2P systems
- Mobility in federated overlay architectures
- Impact of network mobility on P2P systems and services (mobile IP /
MANET)
- P2P-based information sensing and fusion
- MP2P performance & measurement studies
- Semantic routing & overlay routing in MP2P
- Delay tolerant MP2P systems
- Resource and service discovery in MP2P
- Resource exchange mechanisms in MP2P
- Peer access and control in mobile environment
- Data exchange and rendering techniques for mobile P2P devices
- Secure communication protocols for MP2P
- Nature-inspired algorithms for MP2P
- Novel MP2P applications & services
- Theoretical issues on mobile information diffusion
- MP2P SIP
- MP2P messaging systems, monitoring systems, searching systems, games,
etc.
- Location dependent MP2P services
- MP2P over different bearer services: 2.5/3G (GPRS/UMTS) / 802.11  (WLAN)
- MP2P & operator/provider requirements
- Reliability and carrier-grade performance of MP2P services

Paper Submission:
-----------------
Papers must be written in English and should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE
proceedings style. Authors MUST submit their papers through the 
EASYCHAIR web site
( http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mp2p09 )
in three steps:

* Creation of a personal account on EASYCHAIR (if the author does not
already have one)
* Registration of the paper (requiring a short abstract of up to 150  
words)

* Upload of the paper. Only in pdf format

Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to
register and present
the paper. All submissions will be reviewed and selected based on their
originality of the paper. Accepted papers must be presented at the  
workshop
and will appear in a combined PerCom 2009 workshop proceedings  
published by
IEEE Computer Society Press. Paper must not be submitted  elsewhere.

Authors that present a system in their paper are highly encouraged to
demonstrate also the system in the demo session of the workshop.

Organizing Committee, Program Co-chairs:
---------------------------------------------------------------

John Buford, Avaya Labs, USA.
Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada.
Kurt Tutschku, Department of Computer Science, University of Vienna, 
Austria

Steering Board
-----------------------

- Frank-Uwe Andersen, Siemens Communications, Berlin, Germany.
- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic  University.
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
University
- Cecilia Mascolo, Department of Computer Science, University College
London
- Maria Papadopouli, Department of Computer Science, University of  North
Carolina at Chapel Hill

Publicity Chair
---------------------

Li Li, Communications Research Center Canada, Canada.

Program Committee Members (Pending Approval)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

- John Buford, Avaya Labs, USA.
- Jiannong Cao, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic  University
- Hermann de Meer, Department of Computer Networks & Computer
Communications, University of Passau, Germany.
- Krishna Kishore Dhara, Avaya Labs Research, Lincroft, NJ, USA.
- Babak Esfandiari, Carleton University, Canada.
- Stephen Hailes, Department of Computer Science, University College of
London, UK
- Y. Charlie Hu, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue
University.
- Norihiro Ishikawa, NTT Docomo, Japan.
- Valerie Issarny, INRIA, France
- Wolfgang Kellerer, DoCoMo DoCoMo Communications Laboratories Europe,
Germany.
- Mario Kolberg, University of Sterling, UK.
- Thomas Kunz, Dept. of Systems and Comp. Engineering, Carleton  
University,
Canada.
- Li Li, Communication Research Center Canada, Canada
- Christoph Lindemann, University of Leipzig, Germany.
- George Roussos, School of Computer Science and Information Systems,
Birkbeck College, University of London, UK.
- Jochen Schiller, Institute of Computer Science, FU Berlin, Germany.
- Hans-Peter Schwefel, Department of Communication Technology, Aalborg
University, Denmark.
- Shervin Shirmohammadi, School of Information Technology and  Engineering
(SITE), University of Ottawa, Canada.
- Kurt Tutschku, Department of Distributed Systems, University of  
Würzburg,
Germany.
- Klaus Wehrle, Distributed Systems Group, RWTH Aachen, Germany.
- Chansu Yu, Dept. Of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cleveland  State
University, Cleveland, OH, USA.
- Karin Hummel, University of Vienna, Austria
- Dario Rossi, ENST Telecom Paris
- Adrian Popescu, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Michaela Meo, Politiecnico di Torino, Italy

_______________________________________________
P2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg