Subject: [p2prg] Deadline Tomorrow -- PerSeNS 2009 -- IEEE PerCom Workshop on Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing

From: "Yates, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 13:04:19 -0400

Dear Colleague,

 Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement.

  David Yates
<http://www.bentley.edu/academics-research/faculty_research/faculty_data
base/faculty_detail.cfm?id=1150639&external=yes>  / CIS
<http://cis.bentley.edu/>  / Bentley University
<http://www.bentley.edu/>  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Fifth IEEE PerCom International Workshop on 
Sensor Networks and Systems for Pervasive Computing (PerSeNS 2009)

http://www.ing.unipi.it/persens/

in conjunction with IEEE PerCom 2009 (http://www.percom.org/) 
March 16-20, 2009, Dallas, TX

*****  EXTENDED PAPER SUBMISSION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 19, 2008  *****

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

Thanks to wireless sensor networks, pervasive computing environments are

becoming a reality. Wireless sensor networks are aggregates of sensor
nodes into

sophisticated sensing, computational and communication infrastructures.
These

new networks are having a significant impact (and promises to have even
more) on

a wide array of applications ranging from military, to scientific, to

industrial, to health-care, to domestic, establishing ubiquitous
computing that

will pervade society and redefine the way in which we live and work.

The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum to exchange ideas,
discuss

solutions, and share experiences among researchers, professionals, and

application developers both from industry and academia. Original papers

addressing both theoretical and practical aspects of sensor networks are

solicited. Papers describing prototype and experimental implementations
and

deployment of sensor networks and systems are particularly welcome.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

  - Sensor-based systems and applications

  - Operating systems

  - Middleware and software tools

  - Networking architectures and protocols

  - Data gathering, aggregation and dissemination

  - Topology control

  - Power management and energy-efficient design

  - Time synchronization

  - Location management

  - Sensor networks with mobile elements

  - Cross-layer architectures

  - Intelligent sensor nodes

  - Security and dependability issues

  - Modelling and performance evaluation

  - Measurements

PAPER SUBMISSION

Papers should contain original material and not be previously published,
or

currently submitted for consideration elsewhere. Manuscripts must be
limited to

6 pages in IEEE 8.5x11 conference format, and formatted in accordance
with the

IEEE Computer Society author guidelines

(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/Press/Outgoing/proceedings/INSTRUCT.HTM). 

All submissions will be handled via EDAS. Accepted papers will be
published by

the IEEE Computer Society Press in the combined PerCom 2009 workshops

proceedings. At least one author of each accepted paper must register
and attend

the workshop to present the paper.

IMPORTANT DATES

Papers due                    OCTOBER 19, 2008

Notification of acceptance    December 19, 2008

Camera-ready papers due       January 7, 2009

WORKSHOP GENERAL CO-CHAIRS

Giuseppe Anastasi, University of Pisa, Italy

Stephan Olariu, Old Dominion University, USA

WORKSHOP PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS

Silvia Giordano, SUPSI, Switzerland

Damla Turgut, University of Central Florida, USA

PUBLICITY CO-CHAIRS

Alessio Vecchio, University of Pisa, Italy

Jianping Wang, City University of Hong Kong, HK

David Yates, Bentley University, USA

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Ozgur Akan, Middle East Technical University at Ankara, Turkey

Cesare Alippi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

Stefano Basagni, Northeastern University, USA

Alan Bertossi, University of Bologna, Italy

Raheem A. Beyah, Georgia State University, USA

Edoardo Biagioni, University of Hawaii at Manoa, USA

Ladislau Boloni, University of Central Florida, USA

Raffaele Bruno, IIT-CNR, Italy

Levente Buttyan, Budapest Univ. of Technology and Economics, Hungary

Tiziana Calamoneri, University of Rome "La Sapienza", Italy

Jiannong Cao, HK Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

Carla Fabiana Chiasserini, Politecnico di Torino, Italy

Diane J. Cook, Washington State University, USA,

Sajal K. Das, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

Mohamed Eltoweissy, Virginia Tech, USA

Mario Di Francesco, University of Pisa, Italy 

Isabelle Guerin Lassous, INRIA, France

Qi Han, Colorado School of Mines, USA

Holger Karl, University of Paderborn, Germany

Mohan Kumar, University of Texas at Arlington, USA  

Yonghe Liu, University of Texas at Arlington, USA

Giuseppe Lo Re, University of Palermo, Italy

Francesco Marcelloni, University of Pisa, Italy

Cecilia Mascolo, University of Cambridge, UK

Janise McNair, University of Florida, USA

Pietro Michiardi, Institut Eurecom, France

Symeon Papavassiliou, National Technical Univ. of Athens, Greece

Andrea Passarella, IIT-CNR, Italy

Cristina Pinotti, University of Perugia, Italy

Ravi Prakash, University of Texas at Dallas, USA

Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland

Alex Rogers, University of Southampton, UK

Maria Giovanna Sami, Politecnico di Milano, Italy

Rahul Shah, Intel Corporation, Santa Clara, USA

Ivan Stojmenovic, University of Ottawa, Canada

Alessio Vecchio, University of Pisa, Italy

Kuang-Ching (KC) Wang, Clemson University, USA

Jie Wu, Florid Atlantic University, USA

Guoliang Xing, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong

David Yates, Bentley University, USA

Mohamed Younis, University of Maryland, USA

_______________________________________________
p2prg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg