Subject: [p2prg] IEEE WiMesh 2009 (with IEEE SECON 2009): Call for Papers, new submission deadline

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:19:47 +0100

(Apologies for multiple receptions of this announcement.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Fourth IEEE Workshop on Wireless Mesh Networks (WiMesh)
                              Rome, Italy, June 22, 2009
                          co-located with IEEE SECON 2009
           http://www.ieee-secon.org/wimesh/wimesh-index.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important dates:

*Paper submission: ** **March 31, 2009*
Notification: April 30, 2009
Camera Ready: May 9, 2009 

Call for Papers

Wireless mesh networking is attracting significant interest as a 
low-cost networking platform to support ubiquitous broadband access in 
the context of home networking, enterprise networking, or a larger, 
community or metro-scale networking. Many universities, as well as 
industrial labs have on-going research projects on various aspects of 
mesh networking, including architectures, protocols, services and 
applications. Several startups are building mesh networking platforms 
and deploying services. WiMesh 2009 will be a one-day forum for meeting, 
presenting and discussing core technical issues and current research 
problems in wireless mesh networking.

Starting from 2008, WiMesh includes in the program papers submitted 
through an open Call for Papers. Given its one-day, highly interactive 
format, papers presenting innovative ideas, although possibly not fully 
mature, are very welcome. Papers must be formatted according to IEEE 
conference proceedings style (see here for detailed instructions and 
styles), and must not exceed 6 pages . Topics include, but are not 
limited to:

    * Experiences with the deployment of wireless mesh networks
    * Wireless mesh network performance
    * Unique challenges found in wireless mesh networks
    * Co-existence of wireless mesh networks with existing 802.11 
infrastructure and solutions
    * Experimental validation of wireless mesh network algorithms
    * Architectures, protocols, and algorithms for wireless mesh networks
    * Localization and mobility in wireless mesh networks
    * Security, privacy, and trustworthiness
    * Integration of wireless mesh networks with other wired and 
wireless networks
    * Protocols exploiting novel technologies such as UWB, MIMO, 
directional antennas, and software radios
    * Wireless mesh network testbeds 

Workshop chairs:
Paolo Santi, Istituto di Informatica e Telematica del CNR, Pisa, Italy
Karthik Sundaresan, NEC Labs USA, Princeton

Technical Program Committee (partial list) ¶
    * Douglas Blough, Georgia Tech, US
    * Christian Bonnet, EURECOM, France
    * Ranveer Chandra, Microsoft Research, US
    * Samir Das, Stony Brook Univ., US
    * Stephan Eidenbenz, Los Alamos National Labs, US
    * SJ Lee, HP Labs, US
    * Luciano Lenzini, Univ. of Pisa, Italy
    * C. Lindemann, Univ. Leipzig, Germany
    * Thyaga Nandagopal, Alcatel-Lucent, US
    * Xavier Perez Costa, NEC Labs, Germany
    * Ram Ramanathan, BBN Technologies, US
    * Michele Zorzi, Univ. of Padova, Italy