Subject: [p2prg] IEEE SECON 2009: Call for Posters and Demo

From: Gaia Maselli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:49:26 +0100

(Apologies for cross posting.)
===
IEEE SECON 2009
Call for Posters and Demo
http://www.ieee-secon.com/2009/
 
- Abstract submission due on: 4/20/2009
- Acceptance notification: May, 4, 2009
- Early registration due on: May 9, 2009
- Final abstract due on: May 9, 2009
 
IEEE SECON 2009 will include poster/demonstration sessions that shall 
provide a forum to present and discuss: works in progress, industry 
demonstrations of new applications and techniques, practical 
implementations, industrial and commercial developments, research 
testbeds and demonstrations, recent research/implementation results, 
upcoming research challenges, future directions, and novel approaches in 
the fields of sensor, mesh and ad hoc communications and networks. One 
of the key goals of this conference is to foster collaboration between 
industry and academia.
Hence, participation of researchers/developers from industry and 
posters/demonstrations reporting joint work between industry and 
academia are especially encouraged.
Submissions should be in the form of a proposal describing the main 
contributions of the poster/demo and the merits of the proposed ideas. 
If available, preliminary results can also be included. Proposals will 
be evaluated mainly based on their potential to stimulate interesting 
discussions, exchange of ideas and promote collaborations.
Submissions should not be more than three pages (preferably IEEE 
conference format, 2-column) in length. Demonstration submissions should 
include the space requirements and/or any other equipment-specific 
requirements. The documents must contain the authors' names, 
affiliations, and contact information and the designated corresponding 
author.
Accepted authors of posters/demos will have a space in the poster/demo 
session room to display their posters or exhibit their demos and 
describe their work in discussions with interested attendees. Moreover, 
the abstact of the accepted posters/demos will appear in IEEE Xplore.
IEEE Communications Society policy states that all accepted IEEE SECON 
2009 posters/demos require at least a one day registration. For authors 
co-authoring multiple posters/demos, a one day registration is valid for 
up to three presentations. In addition, there needs to be at least one 
person per poster/demo registered for one day by May 9, 2009 in order 
for the abstract to appear in IEEE Xplore.
 
Please submit the proposal via EDAS at http://edas.info/7621. Any 
questions can be addressed to the Poster/Demo Co-Chairs, Antonio Capone
([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>) and Suman 
Banerjee ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>).
 
Antonio Capone and Suman Banerjee

IEEE SECON 2009 Poster/Demo Co-Chairs