Subject: [p2prg] Call for Participation: 20th ITC Specialist Seminar on NETWORK VIRTUALIZATION

From: Kurt Tutschku <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:03:40 +0100

**********************************************************************************
Call for Participation

20th ITC Specialist Seminar on
NETWORK VIRTUALIZATION – Concepts and Performance Aspects

http://www.itcspecialistseminar.com/itcss20/
18.-20. Mai 2009
Swiss-Belhotel Golden Sand Resort, Hoi An, Viet Nam
**********************************************************************************

PROGRAM

The workshop program consists of one keynote (Prof. H. Kobayashi,  
Princeton University), three invited talks (Prof. A. Nakao, University  
of Tokyo/NICT; Dr. K. Shiomoto, NTT; F. Dang Tran, Orange France), one  
round table, one panel and 12 technical presentations.

http://www.itcspecialistseminar.com/program.php

REGISTRATION

On-line registration is now available at:

http://www.itcspecialistseminar.com/registration.php

AIMS AND TOPICS
Network virtualization is the technology that allows the simultaneous  
operation of multiple logical networks (also known as overlays) on a  
single physical platform. Network virtualization permits distributed  
participants to create almost instantly their own network with  
application-specific naming, routing, and resource management  
mechanisms. For instance, server virtualization enables users to use  
parts of a computing center as their own personal computer. Recently,  
network virtualization received tremendous attention since it is  
expected to be one of the major paradigms for the future Internet as  
proposed by numerous international initiatives on future networks,  
e.g. PlanetLab (USA, International), GENI (USA), AKARI (JAPAN),  
OneLab2 (Europe), and G-Lab (Germany).

A major objective of this ITC Specialist Seminar is to early identify  
future performance issues and to provide methodologies and mechanisms  
to address the various  performance problems in network  
virtualization. The seminar is intended as a forum for scientists and  
engineers in academia and industry to exchange and discuss their  
latest experiences and research results. It will address techniques,  
architectures, performance models, and performance engineering methods  
leading to real world network virtualization solutions that provide  
users with efficient techniques for creating and operating their own  
high performance virtual network.

GENERAL CHAIR
o Phuoc Tran-Gia, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

GENERAL CO-CHAIR
o Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France

TPC CHAIRS
o Kurt Tutschku, University of Vienna, Austria
o Paul Mueller, University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
o Frederic Dang Tran, France Telecom Orange Group, France

PUBLICITY CHAIR
o Rastin Pries, University of Wuerzburg, Germany

TPC
o Andy Bavier, Princeton University, USA
o Hans van den Berg, TNO and Twente University, Netherlands
o Marcus Brunner, NEC, Germany
o Joachim Charzinski, Nokia Siemens Networks, Munich, Germany
o Serge Fdida, Universite Pierre & Marie Curie, Paris, France
o Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Tekniska Högskola, Karlskrona, Sweden
o Carmelita Goerg, University of Bremen, Germany
o JongWon Kim, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju,  
Korea
o Ulf Koerner, Lund University, Sweden
o Paul Kuehn, University of Stuttgart, Germany
o Kenji Leibnitz, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
o Michael Menth, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
o Masayuki Murata, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan
o Akihiro Nakao, The University of Tokyo/NICT, Tokyo, Japan
o Guy Pujolle, LIP6, France
o Dario Rossi, ENST Telecom Paris, France
o Hiroshi Saito, NTT, Tokyo, Japan
o Moshe Sidi, Technion, Haifa, Israel
o Ralf Steinmetz, University of Darmstadt, Germany
o Martin Stiemerling, NEC, Heidelberg, Germany
o Pascale Vicat-Blanc Primet, Inria, France

LOCAL ORGANIZATION CHAIR
o Nguyen Tien Dzung, Ha Noi University of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Huu Thanh, Ha Noi University of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Vu Duy Loi, College of Technology, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Ngoc Hien, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity,  
Viet Nam
o Nguyen Dinh Viet, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity,  
Viet Nam
o Doan Minh Phuong, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity,  
Viet Nam
o Nguyen Minh Tri, College of Technology, Ha Noi National Unversity,  
Viet Nam
o Duong Ba Hong Thuan, Ha Noi University of Technology, Viet Nam
o Nguyen Huyen Trang, Ha Noi University of Technology, Viet Nam

---
Prof. Dr. Kurt Tutschku
Chair of Future Communication (Endowed by Telekom Austria)
Institute of Distributed and Multimedia Systems, Faculty of Computer  
Science
University of Vienna, Universitaetsstrasse 10/T11, 1090 Wien, Austria.

Tel: +43/1/4277-39611 Mobile: +43/664/60277-39611

http://www.cs.univie.ac.at/fc

mailto:[email-masked] or mailto:[email-masked]