Subject: [p2prg] CFP : The Second IEEE International Workshop on Middleware Engineering (ME 2010) @ COMPSAC 2010

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 11:07:38 -0600 (CST)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

                              CALL FOR PAPERS
********************************************************************************************************
********************************************************************************************************
	The Second IEEE International Workshop on Middleware Engineering (ME
2010)
				In Conjuction with
		The 34th Annual IEEE International Computer Software and Applicaiton
Conference (COMPSAC 2010)

	              Seoul, Korea, July 19 - July 23, 2010

            	Workshop website:
http://compsac.cs.iastate.edu/workshop_details.php?id=19
		Conference Website : http://compsac.cs.iastate.edu/

+++++ Deadline for Paper Submissions : March 1 2010  ++++++++++

*******************************************************************************************************
*******************************************************************************************************

COMPSAC 2010
------------

COMPSAC is a major international forum for researchers, practitioners,
managers, and policy makers interested in computer software and
applications.

MIDDLEWARE ENGINEERING Workshop
-------------------------------

Research in middleware systems has evolved from simple client server
models to distributed systems, peer-to-peer (P2P) systems, mobile
devices, service oriented computing, grid computing, agent based
computing, smart devices, and sensors. Each of the above areas poses
its own unique challenges in the design, development and deployment of
middleware, its components and applications using such middleware.

The main objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers
and practitioners working in middleware systems with topics ranging
from different areas such as distributed computing, grid computing,
service oriented computing, pervasive computing, P2P computing, agent
based systems and sensor networks under one roof with an aim of
encouraging exchange of ideas and experiences among these diverse
communities. We solicit papers dealing with design, development and
deployment of middleware and its systems. We are also interested in
specific components of middleware systems, the way they interact with
other modules, components design and development, models of the
components, middleware system issues and also novel computational
sciences applications using middleware systems.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
------------------

The topics include, but are not limited to:

+ Middleware for collaborative applications
+ Middleware for agent based systems
+ Middleware for service oriented systems
+ Middleware for mobile and ubiquitous computing
+ Middleware for computational sciences applications
+ Middleware for high performance computing applications
+ Middleware for embedded systems and sensor networks
+ Middleware solutions for Security, Privacy and Trust
+ Middleware for distributed systems including databases, P2P, and
grid based systems
+ Middleware issues for real time systems
+ Software engineering techniques for middleware
+ Novel applications using middleware
+ Evaluation metrics and bench mark systems for middleware
+ Specific components of middleware such as : device discovery,
directory service, execution service, listening service, communication
service, and data access service

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND  PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------

All submissions must be made through the ME2010 submission site at :
http://rs.cs.iastate.edu/ME2010/. Submissions must be original,
unpublished and not currently under review by workshops, conferences,
or journals.

Manuscripts will be limited to six pages, including all figures,
tables, and references. Extra page charges may apply. The format of
submitted papers must follow the IEEE conference proceedings
guidelines (i.e., 8.5" x 11", two-column format) available from
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/submission. Submissions must
be original, unpublished and not currently under review by workshops,
conferences, or journals.

All accepted papers will be published in the electronic conference
proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society, indexed through INSPEC and
EI Index (Elsevier's Engineering Information Index), and automatically
included in the IEEE Digital Library. At least one of the authors of
each accepted paper must register as a full participant of COMPSAC for
the paper to be included in the proceedings. Each accepted paper must
be presented in person by an author.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Deadline for paper submissions: March 1, 2010
Notification to authors: March 30, 2010
Camera-ready copies of accepted papers due : April 30, 2010 (hard
deadline)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Workshop Chair

Praveen Madiraju, Marquette University, USA ([email-masked])

Program Committee

TBA