Subject: [p2prg] Myth-busting draft updated

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:55:46 +0100

Hello folks,

we have just submitted an updated version of the myth-busting draft. It
is available online at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-p2prg-mythbustering-01.txt

Main changes include some text suggested by Stevens and Arnaud, plus a
matrix in Appendix A that summarizes which myths each publication
provides facts about.

Please take a look and point out any mistakes and/or any relevant work
you think the document should take into consideration.

-- 
Ciao,
Enrico

---

From: Fabio Hecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:50:54 +0100

Hi Enrico,

I have a note on 3.2, wouldn't it make sense to distinguish between
different application types? It seems to me that the section is highly
based on file-sharing and VoD, while VoIP and live streaming may have
completely different results.

Regards

Fabio 

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 13:55 +0100, Enrico Marocco wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> p2prg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg
-- 
Fabio Hecht

University of Zurich - Department of Informatics (IfI)
Binzmühlestrasse 14 CH-8050 Zürich, Switzerland
Ph.: +41 44 6357129 / 6350892  Fax: +41 44 6356809
VoIP sip:[email-masked]

---

From: Enrico Marocco <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:18:05 +0100

That's right. If people point out works dealing with P2P traffic
optimization for applications other that file-sharing, we'll be glad to
include them. Alternatively, I guess we should at least state clearly
that most of the relevant studies are about file-sharing (with few
exceptions [1]).

Enrico

[1] Ren, S., Guo, L., and X. Zhang, "ASAP: An AS-aware peer-relay
protocol for high quality VoIP".