Subject: [p2prg] IEEE IREHSS 2010: registration deadline is fast approaching (March 3, 2010) !!

From: " Eleonora Borgia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:27:49 +0100

************Apologize if you receive multiple copies of this  
CFP************	
                                Call for papers
                            Second IEEE Workshop on
          Interdisciplinary Research on E-health Services and Systems

                                 IREHSS 2010

                                June 14, 2010
                             Montreal, QC Canada

	PAPER REGISTRATION EXTENDED DEADLINE: 3 March, 2010
	PAPER SUBMISSION EXTENDED DEADLINE: 6 March, 2010

**************************************************************************

In the last few years advances in wearable computing, bioengineering,
wireless sensors networks, mobile devices and wireless communications
have paved the way to new definitions of e-health systems, moving from
original telemedicine systems to the integration of existent specialized
medical technologies with pervasive technologies. However, even more
work on this area is needed to obtain significant results in improving the
Quality of Life of patients and reducing medical errors and costs. First of
all, a strict interaction and cooperation among medical specialists and
ICT experts is necessary to define correct requirements fore-health
systems. Then, in order to effectively design and deploy reliable E-health
systems, a strong cooperation among several diverse research areas of
ICT is necessary (i.e., bioengineering, wearable sensors, wireless
communications, data fusion and processing, decision support systems
and others). This is fundamental to make E-health systems a reality,
satisfying main requirements of reliability and effectiveness both all the
involved perspectives perspective.

IREHSS aims to provide a forum for the interaction of experts belonging
to these different research areas, from wearable computing and
ubiquitous connectivity to context-awareness, sensor data fusion,  
artificial
intelligence, expert systems, databases, security and privacy. The main
objective is to provide a forum for the interaction of these multiple areas
as an important chance to discuss and understand what aspects have to
be considered to provide effective E-health systems.

Authors are invited to submit papers presenting new research related to
E-health, not published or currently under review for another workshop,
conference, or journal.

Areas of interest include, but are not limited to:

- Wearable and Implantable sensors for healthcare
- Wireless communications in healthcare
- Service and device discovery
- Data fusion and context elaboration
- Privacy and security issues in healthcare
- Middleware for e-health
- Energy Efficiency in health monitoring
- Artificial intelligence and expert systems
- User interface, usability and acceptability of e-health systems
- Healthcare applications for clinicians
- Home monitoring and ambient assisted applications for healthcare
- Power Management and energy-efficient design in Wireless Body Area  
Networks
- System architecture and networking protocols for e-health systems
- Medical data analysis, measurements and management
- Modeling and performance evaluation
- Semantic Web in Healthcare
- Standards and frameworks

Paper submission for regular papers must be limited to 6 pages including
text, figures, references and appendices. They should be organized in
IEEE proceedings format, with a font size of at least 10pt. Papers
exceeding the maximum length of 6 pages will be automatically rejected.
The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates, as well as related
information, can be found at the IEEE Computer Society website http://
www.computer.org/portal/site/cscps/index.jsp . The submission will be
entirely managed through EDAS (http://edas.info/N8548).

In line with the previous edition, there will be NO workshop-only
registration. Conference registration includes attendance to all WoWMoM
associated workshops, CD proceedings, etc. Moreover, each workshop
paper will need to have at least one author register at the FULL
conference rate. The workshop papers will be included in the main
WoWMoM proceedings and published by the IEEE. However, no-shows
of accepted papers at the workshop will result in those papers NOT being
included in the IEEE Digital Library.

Extended versions of selected papers with special merit will be
considered for a possible fast track publication on Pervasive and Mobile
Computing Journal (Elsevier). In addition, a possible free publication in
the Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation (JNER, http://
jneuroengrehab.com ) could be available in case of a selection of
special merit papers pertaining to the subject.

Important Dates:

Papers registration EXTENDED : March 3, 2010
Papers submission EXTENDED deadline: March 6, 2010
Acceptance Notification:	April 5, 2010
Camera Ready deadline:	April 20, 2010.	

See http://www.irehss.org/irehss2010/ for additional information or contact
the workshop organizers at [email-masked] .

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

General Co-Chairs:
Franca Delmastro, IIT-CNR, Italy
Alessandro Puiatti, SUPSI-DTI, Switzerland

Program Co-Chairs:
Paolo Bonato, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, US
Giovanni Pioggia, IFC-CNR, Italy

Technical Program Commitee:
Bert Arnrich, ETH Zurich
Silvio Bonfiglio, FIMI Philips
Eduard Babulak, The University of South Pacific, Fiji
Diane Cook, Washington State University, USA
Jamal Deen,  McMaster University, Hamilton, CANADA
Rune Fensli, University of Adger, Norway
Anna Fönrster, Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano, Switzerland
Preetam Ghosh, The University of Southern Mississipi, USA
Matthias Hauswirt, Faculty of Informatics, University of Lugano,  
Switzerland
Nadia Khaled, School of Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology  
Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
Marco Knaflitz, Electronic Department, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Paul Lukowicz, University of Passau
Oscar Majora, CREATE-NET, Trento, Italy
Filippo Molinari, Electronic Department, Politecnico di Torino, Torino,  
Italy
Marcello Mura, ALaRI, Faculty of Informatics USI, Lugano, Switzerland
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI-DTI, Switzerland
Maurizio Schmid, BioLab3 - Dept Applied Electronics, University Roma TRE,  
Roma, Italy
Salvatore Vanini, SUSPI-DTI, Switzerland

Publicity Chair:
Eleonora Borgia, IIT-CNR, Italy