Subject: [p2prg] Last CFP : The Second IEEE International Workshop on Middleware Engineering (ME 2010) @ COMPSAC 2010

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:21:27 -0500 (CDT)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

                              CALL FOR PAPERS
****************************************************************************
               The Second IEEE International Workshop on Middleware
Engineering (ME 2010) In Conjuction with
                The 34th Annual IEEE International Computer Software and
Applicaiton Conference (COMPSAC 2010)

                      Seoul, Korea, July 19 - July 23, 2010

Workshop website:
http://compsac.cs.iastate.edu/workshop_details.php?id=19
Conference Website : http://compsac.cs.iastate.edu/

+++++ Deadline for Paper Submissions : March 29, 2010  ++++++++++

****************************************************************************
COMPSAC 2010
------------

COMPSAC is a major international forum for researchers, practitioners,
managers, and policy makers interested in

computer software and applications.

MIDDLEWARE ENGINEERING Workshop
-------------------------------

Research in middleware systems has evolved from simple client server
models to distributed systems, peer-to-peer(P2P) systems, mobile devices,
service oriented computing, grid computing, agent based computing, smart
devices, and sensors. Each of the above areas poses its own unique
challenges in the design, development and deployment of middleware, its
components and applications using such middleware.

The main objective of the workshop is to bring together researchers and
practitioners working in middleware systems with topics ranging from
different areas such as distributed computing, grid computing, service
oriented computing, pervasive computing, P2P computing, agent based
systems and sensor networks under one roof with an aim of encouraging
exchange of ideas and experiences among these diverse communities. We
solicit papers dealing with design, development and deployment of
middleware and its systems. We are also interested in specific components
of middleware systems, the way they interact with other modules,
components design and development, models of the components, middleware
system issues and also novel computational sciences applications using
middleware systems.

TOPICS OF INTEREST
------------------

The topics include, but are not limited to:

+ Middleware for collaborative applications
+ Middleware for agent based systems
+ Middleware for service oriented systems
+ Middleware for mobile and ubiquitous computing
+ Middleware for computational sciences applications
+ Middleware for high performance computing applications
+ Middleware for embedded systems and sensor networks
+ Middleware solutions for Security, Privacy and Trust
+ Middleware for distributed systems including databases, P2P, and grid
based systems
+ Middleware issues for real time systems
+ Software engineering techniques for middleware
+ Novel applications using middleware
+ Evaluation metrics and bench mark systems for middleware
+ Specific components of middleware such as : device discovery, directory
service, execution service, listening service, communication service, and
data access service

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND  PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------

All submissions must be made through the ME2010 submission site at :
http://rs.cs.iastate.edu/ME2010/. Submissions must be original,
unpublished and not currently under review by workshops, conferences, or
journals.

Manuscripts will be limited to six pages, including all figures, tables,
and references. Extra page charges may apply. The format of submitted
papers must follow the IEEE conference proceedings guidelines (i.e., 8.5"
x 11", two-column format) available from
http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/submission. Submissions must be
original, unpublished and not currently under review by workshops,
conferences, or journals.

All accepted papers will be published in the electronic conference
proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society, indexed through INSPEC and EI
Index (Elsevier's Engineering Information Index), and automatically
included in the IEEE Digital Library. At least one of the authors of each
accepted paper must register as a full participant of COMPSAC for the
paper to be included in the proceedings. Each accepted paper must be
presented in person by an author.

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Deadline for paper submissions: March 29, 2010
Notification to authors: April 12, 2010
Camera-ready copies of accepted papers due : April 30, 2010 (hard deadline)

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
--------------------

Workshop Chair

Praveen Madiraju, Marquette University, USA ([email-masked])

Program Committee

Janaka Balasooriya, Arizona State University, Tempe Campus, USA
Doina Bein, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Akshaye Dhawan, Ursinus College, USA
Sajid Hussain, Acadia University, Canada
Hamidah Ibrahim, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Lin Liu, Tsinghua University, China
Srilaxmi Malladi, Georgia State University, USA
Moushumi Sharmin, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
Karthikeyan Umapathy, University of North Florida, USA
Dianxiang Xu, North Dakota State University, USA
Huashan Yu, Peking University, China
Farahana Zulkernine, Queen's University, Canada