Subject: [p2prg] New survey draft on P2P group management

From: Erkki Harjula <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:18:55 +0200

Howdy,

In the previous P2PRG meeting in Stockholm, we presented a draft on  
peer-to-peer based group management. In the meeting, we received 
multiple  comments pointing out that there is a need for a comprehensive 
survey on  existing and proposed group management mechanisms.

Thus, before proceeding with the solution draft, we decided to write a  
separate survey-type draft presenting the existing and proposed P2P 
group  management solutions in the literature. The draft is called 
"Taxonomy for P2P Group Management Solutions". It provides an analysis 
and the taxonomy of the existing and proposed P2P group management 
solutions.

The draft can be found at: 
http://tools.ietf.org/search/draft-kassinen-p2psip-group-taxonomy-00

We would be grateful for your comments.

BR, Erkki

---

From: Jouni Mäenpää <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:05:56 +0300

Hi,

I read the draft and liked it. I believe it is useful to have a document
that provides a taxonomy of P2P group management solutions.

Some suggestions for improvements:
* The draft could perhaps contain an introduction to the topic of P2P
group management. This would be useful to readers that are new to the topic.
* It might be good to provide some justification for why the six group
management solutions were selected to the draft.
* It could be interesting to add a higher number of solutions to the
next version of the draft.
* It would be interesting to know whether the solutions listed in the
draft are used in any real-world implementations or are they only
discussed in the papers.

Cheers,
Jouni

Erkki Harjula wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> p2prg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg
>