Subject: [p2prg] QoEMCS submission deadline extended: Quality of Experience for Multimedia Content Sharing workshop at EuroITV 2010

From: "Shelley Buchinger" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:56:34 +0100

I am looking forward to interesting and lively discussions at the workshop.

Best regards,
Shelley

*** Paper submission deadline has been extended to 22nd of March ***

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies]

====================================================
               QoEMCS Call for papers
         http://dcti.iscte.pt/events/qoemcs/

====================================================

    Quality of Experience for Multimedia Content Sharing
                at EuroITV2010 (www.euroitv2010.org)

                   Tampere, Finland. 9th June 2010

* Important Dates:
- 22nd March 2010: Workshop paper submission
- 5th  April 2010: Notification of acceptance
- 22nd April 2010: Camera-ready submission
-  9th June  2010: QoEMCS Workshop at EuroITV 2010

Workshop web site: http://dcti.iscte.pt/events/qoemcs/

====================================================

In recent years, it has been realized that the success of multimedia
services or applications not only depends on Quality of Service (QoS)
parameters but also relies on the analysis of the entire user experience
(UX). The relevance of this paradigm ranges from IPTV or video-on-demand
systems for distributing and sharing professional TV to user-generated
content over the web. To obtain a pleasurable user experience far more
aspects than QoS have to be taken into account. Major challenges in this
context include the identification of  relevant UX  factors  and the
quantification  of  their influence on Quality of Experience (QoE). In
particular, context  awareness and  assessment of users? expectations play
an essential role. This is further justified by the emergence of new
multimedia enhancement techniques, notably 3DTV and Free Viewpoint.
Future Internet architectures under current research are also promising on
the possibility to accommodate protocols and policies that take QoE issues
into consideration. Consequently, acquired knowledge on the context and on
identified parameters affecting users? experience could be used to improve
media delivery.

* Workshop objectives
The objective of this workshop consists in collecting and developing
knowledge on the following three main topics defining the session structure
of the workshop:

- Context awareness for multimedia applications (video on demand on the web,
content sharing, user-generated & professional content, IPTV, social
aspects, sensors, energy efficiency)

- Content and context aware quality measurements (user-generated &
professional content, live & on demand)

- Content and context aware interplay between media service/applications and
network strategies. Namely, QoE support in the future internet
architectures.

* Research topics
The central research question consists in determining key elements
(including content and context information) for QoE assessment and
evaluation of web.sharing.tv.content and to use this information to shape
the future internet.

   - Context awareness
   - QoE for content sharing over the web and for IPTV
   - Subj./Obj. quality evaluation in the context of use, context-aware
solutions
     (situation specificity, interactivity, user-generated & professional
content)
   - Media Transmission over the Future Internet
   - 3D Multimedia and Free ViewPoint
   - Interactive multimedia QoE support

* Submission
   Workshop papers should not exceed a maximum length of three pages and
   follow the ACM Style Guidelines
   (http://webhotel2.tut.fi/emmi/euroitv2010/node/37).
   Please send your workshop paper to: [email-masked]

* Publication
   Workshop contributions will be published in the EuroITV proceedings.

* Technical Program Committee
   - Sergio Becker, Orange Labs, (FR)
   - Manora Caldera, Curtin University of Technology (AUS)
   - Touradj Ebrahimi, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne  (CH)
   - Markus Fiedler, Blekinge Institute of Technology (SWE)
   - Helmut Hlavacs, University of Vienna (AUT)
   - Maulana Kusuma, Gunadarma University (ID)
   - Hendrik Knoche, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (CH)
   - Patrick Le Callet, Université de Nantes (FR)
   - Andreas Mauthe, Lancaster University (UK)
   - Maria Paula Queluz, Instituto de Telecomunicações and IST (POR)
   - Bijan Rohani, Phybit, (SG)
   - Burkhard Stiller, Universität Zürich (CH)

* Organizing Committee
   -  Shelley Buchinger, University of Vienna (AUT)
   -  Rui Jorge Lopes, Instituto de Telecomunicações and ISCTE-IUL (POR)
   -  Satu Jumisko-Pyykkö, Tampere University of Technology (FIN)
   -  Hans-Jürgen Zepernick, Blekinge Institute of Technology (SWE)

========================================================

_______________________________________________
ituvidq mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/mailman/listinfo/ituvidq