Subject: [p2prg] New version candidate of draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay

From: Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 19:16:45 +0900

Hi all,

I'm Hirochika Asai, the corresponding author of
<draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay>.

Thank you, Moritz, Piotr, and Russ for the reviews.
We have worked on the modification of our draft according to the review
comments.

The attached is the new version candidate of our draft, and the followings
are our comments on the update.

The problem statement has been split into two parts: 1) general problems with
overlay networks, and 2) considerations on the AS-level application-layer
traffic optimization.  The AS-level traffic detouring problem has been added
to the problems.

As for the considerations, as pointed out by reviewers, the simulation results
were not enough to show the advantage of cross-domain cooperation for other
applications like live streaming.  So, we added discussions to the simulation
results, and we have moved the section to an appendix.  The appendix is
referred from the section of considerations on the AS-level application-layer
traffic optimization to indicate the possible issues induced by the conflicts
of inter-AS economic policies as an example.

The detailed solution approach in the previous version was removed, and we
added more general solution approaches without specific schemes nor protocols
to Section 3.  This is because there are conceivable approaches as Russ suggested.

Again, thank you, Moritz, Piotr, and Russ for the reviews.

As for the Piotr's comment,
>> 1.1.2.  AS Relationships
> I'd rename it to AS-AS Relationship or AS-to-AS Relationship.
I personally agree with your natural representation, but in the research area
of AS relationships estimation, the representation "AS relationships" has
been commonly used. Therefore, I didn't change this part.
I'd like to follow the CAIDA's representation <http://www.caida.org/home/>.

As for the Russ's comment, we removed the specific scheme of the solution
approach because there are other conceivable solution approaches.  Instead,
we summarize the problems and considerations on the inter-AS application-layer
traffic optimization in this document, and we have added three conceivable
solution approaches without any protocol specifications, which will come
after the document is published.

As for the Moritz's comment, we have added discussions on the simulation
results to make the reasons behind the results clear.  However, the results
indicate only one situation, so we moved the section to an appendix.

We appreciate your comments and suggestions on this document.
We plan to submit the new version in a couple of days.

Thank you.

Hirochika

-- 
Hirochika Asai <[email-masked]>, The University of Tokyo

---

From: stefano previdi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 16:25:24 +0100

Thanks Hirochika.

Reviewers, can you give it another round and come back to the list with your 
comments.

Thanks.

s.

On Dec 15, 2011, at 11:16 AM, Hirochika Asai wrote:
> <draft-asai-cross-domain-overlay-03.txt>_______________________________________________
> p2prg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2prg