Subject: [p2p-sip] FCC on VOIP and SIP

From: Richard.Stastny at oefeg.at (Stastny Richard)
Date: Mon Aug 29 16:32:29 2005

One can also interpret the NEW FCC that ANY communication on IP has 
to be routed via the PSTN to get intercepted ;-)
 
The FCC is getting weirder and weirder

-richard

________________________________

Von: [email-masked] im Auftrag von Juha Heinanen
Gesendet: Mo 29.08.2005 18:52
An: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Betreff: RE: [p2p-sip] FCC on VOIP and SIP 

Henry Sinnreich writes:

 > I hope the above will give people a chance to re-look their positions with
 > regards to above areas. It is important for the non-US participants to note
 > that the FCC only provides policies only for operator controlled
 > networks.

so far, but considering the recent past history, i would not be
surprised if fcc or some other u.s. agency would issue regulation that
makes it illegal to have ANY KIND of communication over the internet
unless the parties positively identify themselves and route all
signalling and media traffic via a government proxy.

the next step is that every u.s. citizen must record all conversations
they have at home, at office, on the street, etc. and submit the data
once per day to a government agency unless they arrange a direct feed
from their home or via mobile on the road.

you see, once you start to obey these kind of fcc or other agency rules
and start building protocols to support them, there is no limit on how
far they go.  there is always the next requirement on their list once
they have gotten the previous one.  so it is a high time to act now or
your privacy is lost forever.

-- juha
_______________________________________________
p2p-sip mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/p2p-sip