Subject: [p2p-sip] Pre-IETF meeting on P2P SIP in Vancouver

From: davidbryan at gmail.com (David A. Bryan)
Date: Fri Aug 12 10:41:51 2005

(cross posted to sipping and the new P2P SIP list in case interested
parties aren't subscribed yet...)

At the P2P SIP informal BOF at IETF-63 in Paris, one item that came
out of the meeting was the desire for another, longer meeting to try
to discuss some of these topics. The general consensus was that we
should try to meet just prior to the next IETF in Vancouver.

I wanted to go ahead and start to organize/coordinate this. Can people
please reply (either to me directly, or to the P2P SIP list -- try to
keep the traffic on SIPPING down) to let me know if they are
interested (head count), and any thoughts on structure for the
meeting.

Currently, I am thinking a good plan is the Sunday before IETF-64 (the
6th of November), likely a longer session (4 or 8 hours) somewhere in
Vancouver that would be convenient for IETF attendees. Also, can
people start sending me a list of topics they are interested in, so
that I can start to organize an agenda of the topics people would like
discussed?

For those that may have missed the announcement or haven't yet joined
the P2P list, but are interested in discussing this issue or any other
P2P SIP issue, the URL for the new mailing list Henning put together
(thank you Henning!) is here:

http://lists.cs.columbia.edu/mailman/listinfo/p2p-sip

I'm also assembling all the notes from the informal BOF and will put
them up at p2psip.org.

Thanks, and looking forward to moving forward on this!

David Bryan

-- 
David Bryan
Please continue to send me email at the address [email-masked]

---

From: davidbryan at gmail.com (David A. Bryan)
Date: Fri Aug 12 12:21:51 2005

Yes, this is the idea proposed at the ad-hoc, I just wanted to start
the work involved in organizing it so that we had an idea of interest,
and could start planning topics people were interested in and the
like.

--David

On 8/12/05, Eunsoo Shim <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi, David,
> 
> I am interested.
> BTW, is that something similar to the workshop idea proposed in the last
> ad-hoc meeting?
> Thanks.
> 
> Eunsoo
> 
> David A. Bryan wrote:
>

---

From: eunsoo at research.panasonic.com (Eunsoo Shim)
Date: Fri Aug 12 13:06:11 2005

Hi, David,

I am interested.

Eunsoo

---

From: mahfuz at research.panasonic.com (Mahfuzur Rahman)
Date: Fri Aug 12 15:11:20 2005

I like the idea to organize it around November IETF.

-Mahfuz

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
To: "Eunsoo Shim" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [p2p-sip] Pre-IETF meeting on P2P SIP in Vancouver

> _______________________________________________
> p2p-sip mailing list
> [email-masked]