Subject: [p2p-sip] Issues and Resolutions: NAT Crossing by P2P-SIP

From: RADHIKA.R.ROY at saic.com (Roy, Radhika R.)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 15:31:27 -0400

https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/2006-June/000956.html
<https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/2006-June/000956.html> 

Hi, David:

I am just referring to the above thread.

We had also very interesting discussions about the item: NAT Crossing by
P2P-SIP as well as by CS-SIP.

Can you please help us to summarize where do we stand about the issue: NAT
crossing by P2P-SIP?

We will appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Radhika R. Roy

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060613/ad1719dc/attachment.html

---

From: hu.xinyu at huawei.com (Seaward Hu)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:48:39 +0800

May be we should update a record file in draft format once a week , filled
with discussed and discussing problems.

Thanks.

Seaward hu 

-----Original Message-----
From: p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu
[mailto:p2p-sip-bounces at cs.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Roy, Radhika R.
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 3:31 AM
To: bryan at ethernot.org
Cc: p2p-sip at cs.columbia.edu
Subject: [p2p-sip] Issues and Resolutions: NAT Crossing by P2P-SIP

Hi, David:

Best regards,

Radhika R. Roy

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://lists.cs.columbia.edu/pipermail/p2p-sip/attachments/20060613/a361a281/attachment-0001.html

---

From: bryan at ethernot.org (David A. Bryan)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:49:34 -0400

I am happy to start tracking the activities and keep them somewhere
for everyone to view. Good suggestion.

I have to admit, however, I'm not sure the thread on NAT traversal
really got too far. We started some discussion there, and discussed a
particular implementation issue that was somewhat related to P2PSIP,
but I'm not sure we really got a good discussion of how the current
tools (STUN/TURN/ICE) could be best used to enable things.

Part of the problem is that we are a bit pressed to discuss the best
NAT traversal techniques for P2PSIP when we are still discussing
exactly what it is we want to do as a group, but I will start tracking
conclusions as we reach them.

David