Subject: [p2p-sip] Fw: Use cases attributes

From: spencer at mcsr-labs.org (Spencer Dawkins)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:07:45 -0500

It's been two or three weeks since David posted a pointer to 
http://www.p2psip.org/P2PUseCases.php.

I'd like to have some discussion on this, starting with Enrico's note, but 
am wondering if we managed to post this the last week before everyone 
returned from vacation - just as a heads-up...

Thanks,

Spencer

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Enrico Marocco" <enrico.marocco at telecomitalia.it>

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
> I would like to keep this spreadsheet in sync with the drafts, of course, 
> so the contents will change as people discuss use cases.
>
> I should add that this spreadsheet is the product of discussions with a 
> number of people, including Seaward, so please view me as the editor, not 
> as the author.
>
> As always for editors, comments are welcome.

First of all, thank you for the great work!

Then, a couple of comments on the "Interaction with CS-SIP" column,
which is the one I care more about ;-)  I expected to see a "when
available" instead of a cold "no" at least in the following rows:
+ Impeded Access
+ Ad-Hoc and Ephemeral Groups
+ Extending the Reach of Mobile Devices

In such use cases, when some peer in the overlay shares the resources
for relaying SIP and media traffic to and from the Internet, the overlay
itself should act exactly as a conventional SIP network, IMHO.

--
Enrico
--------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above 
and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message 
in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. 
Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should 
you have any questions, please contact us by replying to 
webmaster at telecomitalia.it.

        Thank you

                                        www.telecomitalia.it

--------------------------------------------------------------------