Subject: [P2PSIP] New draft on DNS-SD discovery

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 16:45:13 -0500

The draft below defines a mechanism to use DNS-SD (aka "Apple  
Bonjour") for distributing SIP URIs in a LAN.

This is FYI only, as the topic is outside the core charter of the WG,  
but individual feedback is appreciated.

	Title		: SIP URI Service Discovery using DNS-SD
	Author(s)	: J. Lee, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2007-2-26
	
    This document describes the Session Initiation Protocol Uniform
    Resource Identifier (SIP URI) advertisement for DNS-based Service
    Discovery (DNS-SD).  Using this mechanism, a SIP user agent (UA) can
    communicate with another UA even when no SIP registrar is available,
    as in a wireless ad-hoc network for example.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-00.txt

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip