Subject: [P2PSIP] Draft revision on SIP UA discovery using Zeroconf

From: Jae Woo Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 04:20:48 -0400

Hi,

We have revised the draft on distributing SIP URIs within a LAN using  
DNS-SD (aka Zeroconf or "Apple Bonjour").  This is FYI only, as the  
topic is outside the core charter of the WG, but individual feedback  
is appreciated.

This revision incorporates the feedback on the initial version we  
received through the mailing lists and in the IETF 68.  The list of  
changes from the previous version and the link to the IETF slides are  
included below.

    Title      : SIP URI Service Discovery using DNS-SD
    Author(s)  : J. Lee, H. Schulzrinne, W. Kellerer, Z. Despotovic
    Filename   : draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-01.txt
    Pages      : 22
    Date	      : 2007-5-14

    This document describes the Session Initiation Protocol Uniform
    Resource Identifier (SIP URI) advertisement for DNS-based Service
    Discovery (DNS-SD).  Using this mechanism, a SIP user agent (UA) can
    communicate with another UA even when no SIP registrar is available,
    as in a wireless ad-hoc network for example.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lee-sip-dns-sd-uri-01.txt

The slides from the IETF 68 can be found at:
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/sip-11.pdf

CHANGES from version 00
------------------------
* Expanded "Security Considerations" (section 9)

* New "Other Related Mechanisms" (section 7)
   - Comparison to SIP multicast
   - "sip" service type used by Asterisk and Ekiga
   - P2PSIP

* Changes in the "User Agent Client Behavior"
   - Request-URI set from the contact attribute (section 5.1)
   - RFC3263 not followed in resolving host names (section 5.2)

* New "DNS-SD/mDNS Overview" (section 3)

* References to the Contact header parsing rules (section 4.2.3)

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip