Subject: [P2PSIP] P2PSIP and HIP Joint Meeting on the Boeing VOIP HIPImplementation

From: "Paine, Richard H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 14:54:33 -0800

When: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 8:00 AM-9:30 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: Virtual (866-752-6974 Passcode: 9710856#

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The teleconference is per a meeting at the Vancouver IETF on Friday, Dec 7, 2007 that was a joint meeting of the HIP and P2PSIP Working Groups.  The joint meeting determined the need to look at the Boeing demonstration of SIP over HIP.  The demonstration used an IEEE802.11-WPA-wireless connection to the Boeing Intranet and the SIP call traversed both the wireless and wired network securely to get to a wired laptop.  The call occurred in a HIP namespace using a cryptographic identity as an SPI value in the ESP field.

This teleconference is being held to discuss the white paper on the demonstration and the use of HIP for secure point-to-point SIP.

Teleconference Details:

Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2008 Starting time: 8:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time (GMT -08:00, San Francisco) Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes Meeting number: 896 132 416 Meeting password: hipmeeting Teleconference: Dial-in:1-866-752-6974 (US)
Leader passcode:9710856
Participant passcode:9710856 Host: Richard Paine Host's email address: [email-masked] 

Richard H. Paine
Success is getting what you want, happiness is liking what you get!
Cell:  206-854-8199
IPPhone:  425-373-8296
Email:  [email-masked] 
_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:31:22 -0500

Just a clarification here for process purposes -- the meeting in the
hall was NOT a joint meeting of the WGs -- just an informal in
the-hall meeting of (a small number of) interested folks from both
P2PSIP and HIP WGs working to ensure folks in P2PSIP better understand
the HIP proposals so they were more informed about HIP and could make
a better decision about HIPs applicability (or non-applicability) to
P2PSIP. This meeting is a part of that process for the HIP folks -- in
an organized way and encouraged by the chairs -- to make the pitch, so
the P2PSIP WG can decide what they want to do/not do with respect to
HIP going forward.

Just wanted it to be very clear that neither the in hall group nor
this call are official WG meetings in any way -- just groups of
interested folks. (I'd hate to see all 200+ P2PSIP folks packed into a
hallway...)

David (as chair)

-- 
David A. Bryan
[email-masked]
+1.757.565.0101 x101
+1.757.565.0088 (fax)
www.SIPeerior.com

---

From: "David A. Bryan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 11:32:22 -0500

...and now as an individual...thanks for organizing this and I look
forward to the call!

David

-- 
David A. Bryan
[email-masked]
+1.757.565.0101 x101
+1.757.565.0088 (fax)
www.SIPeerior.com