Subject: [P2PSIP] 500+ Node Overlay using P2PP

From: Salman Abdul Baset <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 23:56:04 -0500 (EST)

We have implemented Kademlia and Bamboo over P2PP and are currently 
running a 500+ node overlay on 160+ planet lab machines. The 
implementation uses the reliability model of P2PP and is compliant to 
P2PP-01 draft. We have overlayed the routing and resource tables of nodes 
on google map. The routing and resource tables of 160 live nodes can be 
viewed at:

http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~gg2265/kad3/

The display script is a bit slow and we are working to improve it.

A rendering from an earlier run of 50 nodes can be found at:
http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~salman/p2pp/planet/

I plan to release a 'client' executable very soon which folks can use to 
insert key value pairs in the overlay and view the results immediately on 
nodes.

Regards,
Salman

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "Henry Sinnreich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 06:44:07 -0800

Salman,

Thanks for sharing!

This deployment gives a great amount of credibility to the work of the
P2PSIP WG and marks a historic point for P2PSIP.

Henry

-----Original Message-----
From: Salman Abdul Baset [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2007 10:56 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [P2PSIP] 500+ Node Overlay using P2PP

P2PP-01 draft. We have overlayed the routing and resource tables of
nodes 

insert key value pairs in the overlay and view the results immediately
on 
nodes.

Regards,
Salman

---

From: Ingmar Baumgart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 18:41:18 +0100

Nice work! Do you also intend to release the source code of your
implementation?

Is the currently deployed overlay on PlanetLab based on Kademlia or Bamboo?

Regards,
  Ingmar

Salman Abdul Baset wrote:
> nodes on google map. The routing and resource tables of 160 live nodes
> can be viewed at:
> 
> on nodes.

-- 
Dipl.-Inform. Ingmar Baumgart
Institut für Telematik, Universität Karlsruhe (TH)
Zirkel 2, 76128 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 608 8281, Fax: +49 721 608 6789

---

From: Salman Abdul Baset <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:32:26 -0500 (EST)

The source code release is in the near-future plans. The 500 node network 
uses Kademlia. We have also run a 100 node Bamboo.

regards,
salman