Subject: [P2PSIP] Comments on draft-hardie-p2psip-p2p-pointers-00.txt and ALTO

From: Reinaldo Penno <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:50:37 -0700

Hi,

I gave the presentation on discovery on the ALTO BOF and I believe this
draft tackles a issue (bootstrapping) that in current P2P file-sharing/CDN
networks is done in many different ways (bittorrent, emule, joost, etc). So,
I believe it is an important effort.

In ALTO we were proposing to discover P2P caches within an AS/domain or some
other limited boundary, which could be a next step of what is done through
Ted's procedure through the overlay itself.

And BTW, somebody said in the P2PSIP meeting today that we were proposing to
"find all caches in world", but this person does not have his facts
straight. That was never said. We were proposing to find local caches only.

Thanks,

Reinaldo

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip