Subject: [P2PSIP] updates to reload

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 20:09:56 -0400

New versions of RELOAD have been updated.  The new versions will appear as:

draft-ietf-p2psip-base-00
and
draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-00

Unfortunately, we didn't get the names selected and approved early
enough, so they're waiting in the editor's queue until that is
processed, in the meantime:

http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/p2psip/draft-ietf-p2psip-base-00.txt
http://svn.resiprocate.org/rep/ietf-drafts/p2psip/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-00.txt

Changes made to the drafts include:

- split into a base draft and sip usage
- updated the architecture discussion to try to address issues raised
on list and in person
- moved extensive motivation for routing and client behavior to appendix
- split ping and probe
- added AttachLite to provide ICE-Lite support
- added Stat method for meta-data
- added discussion of open issue on periodic vs reactive recovery
- changed finger table stabilization to prefer long-lived over best match
- removed mDNS discovery method
- updated and improved IANA considerations
- changed error codes from http-based

There are a number of other open issues that were discussed in Dublin
that have not had any discussion on the mailing list and still need
further work.  There are also a large number of issues identified in
the current drafts that need wg discussion.  We're going to start a
number of threads on the mailing list about those issues, starting
next week.

In the meantime, please read and comment on the new drafts.

Bruce
_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:07:04 -0400

The drafts are now posted to the wg page

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-p2psip-base-00
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-p2psip-sip-00

The older draft does not yet show up as being replaced, but it should,
eventually.

Bruce