Subject: [P2PSIP] How to describe the processing power

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:12:21 +0800

Dear all,

In p2psip diagnostics draft
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-zheng-p2psip-diagnose-03.txt
, we have some doubt about how to describe one of the diagnostic
information: processing power. We propose to use the unit of MIPS to
describe it. However, the Max number of connections may be another choice.
Do you have any good suggestions?

Best Regards,
Song Haibin
Email: [email-masked]
Skype: alexsonghw

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip

---

From: "Bruce Lowekamp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:18:29 -0500

I think the best way to start is to ask what the purpose of the metric
is.  If we know how it is to be used, then we can decide what
information is going to be useful to applications or administrators.

Bruce