Subject: [P2PSIP] P2PSIP Diagnostics: Route_Query and Echo

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:13:02 +0800

Dear all,

In the p2psip diagnostics draft version 03, as for "Traceroute" mode, we
classify the diagnostics into two application scenarios. (1) In trusted p2p
overlays, we use an Echo request message, it is received and disposed by
each peer along the  routing path, and each peer along the path returns an
Echo response message with local diagnostics information including the
result and causes if existing. I present that in last IETF meeting. (2) In
open p2p overlays, we extend the Route_Query method for retrieving
diagnostics information iteratively. If Echo method is used in open p2p
overlays, it may cause potential DoS attacks in the overlay.

As for the diagnostic information, we now use a flag to indicate which
information the initiator is interested in (which bit for which kind of
diagnostic information is TBD), the responder will send back the diagnostic
information accordingly (must also consider authorization issue), however,
it may cause the extensible problem. How about using structure for the
diagnostic information?

Best Regards,
Song Haibin
Email: [email-masked]
Skype: alexsonghw

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip