Subject: [P2PSIP] Priority in the Forwarding Header

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 16:56:37 +0800

Dear guys,

Consider that there are kinds of p2p messages in the overlay. Overlay
maintenance messages, signaling messages, data operation messages and etc.
They all leverage the forwarding ability of the intermediate peers. Some of
these messages are critical while some are not, so do we need to add the
priority field in the forwarding header, especially in the scenario when an
ordinary peer may be congested by many messages, to reflect their priority
in the forwarding queue?

Just my 2 cents.

Best Regards,
Song Haibin
Email: [email-masked]
Skype: alexsonghw

_______________________________________________
P2PSIP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip