Subject: [P2PSIP] Successor via Ping?

From: "Thomas Kluge" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:35:55 +0200

Section 9.5. Joining states:
 "In order to populate its neighbor table, JP sends a Ping via the
  bootstrap node directed at Resource-ID n+1 (directly after its own
  Resource-ID).  This allows it to discover its own successor."

I have no idea how this could be accomplished. I would start from the
Joining Peer side with a Forwarding Header filled with a Destination List
containing the Resource-ID n+1, where I understand the ressource ID
is my hashed node id +1. So far so good, I send that to the bootstrap-
node. My intention would be to get the node id from my admitting peer
(successor). But Ping will only return failure or a little PingAns struct 
with
no information about the node id where it comes from. The Via lists would
be empty as stated in 3.3. Routing. So I see no header information which
could give me the needed information.

What is my error in reasoning here?

TIA
Thomas

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 05:13:31 -0700

All messages are signed and this includes the signer identity.

-Ekr

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:35 AM, Thomas Kluge <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>