Subject: [P2PSIP] draft-ietf-p2psip-base-06: one question about Probe

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:48:34 +0800

Hi, 

I have one question about Probe In base-06, In which scenarios the Probe 
be used? 
Some functions are implemented by Ping instead of Probe in base-06, such 
as seaching bootstrap peer, populating routing talbe. So there seem to be 
not concrete using scenarios of Probe. 

*************************************************
邮 件：[email-masked]
内 线：88190
外 线：025-52878190
手 机：13776637274
*************************************************

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Sun Chongwei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 20:13:43 +0800

in 5..4.2.5 Probe
Probe was introduced.

Probe will be used in following conditions.
1) Peer A will send a ProbeReq message to destination peer B when A want to
find out the fraction of overlay for which B is responsible.
2) When Peer A want to know the number of resources being stored by B, A
send a ProbeReq to B
3) Peer A want to get how long B has been up

2010/1/7 <[email-masked]>

>
> Hi,
>
> I have one question about Probe In base-06, In which scenarios the Probe be
> used?
> Some functions are implemented by Ping instead of Probe in base-06, such as
> seaching bootstrap peer, populating routing talbe. So there seem to be not
> concrete using scenarios of Probe.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>
>

-- 
Sun Chongwei
Mobile LIfe and New Media Lab
Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:22:30 +0800

Thank you! But I want know in which scenarios these functions of probe be 
used. For example, When does a peer need to get another peer's uptime by 
probe? 
Just as the function of ping is testing connectivity, and a peer may get 
peers of routing table by this function of ping when it populates routing 
table. 

Thanks

Sun Chongwei <[email-masked]> 
2010-01-07 20:13

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked]
主题
Re: [P2PSIP] draft-ietf-p2psip-base-06: one question about Probe

in 5..4.2.5 Probe
Probe was introduced.

Probe will be used in following conditions.
1) Peer A will send a ProbeReq message to destination peer B when A want 
to find out the fraction of overlay for which B is responsible. 
2) When Peer A want to know the number of resources being stored by B, A 
send a ProbeReq to B
3) Peer A want to get how long B has been up

Hi, 

*************************************************
邮 件：[email-masked]
内 线：88190
外 线：025-52878190
手 机：13776637274
************************************************* 
--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is 
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is 
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and 
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to 
others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of 
the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the 
individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam 
system.