Subject: [P2PSIP] [p2psip] asking about the lifetime of the stored data and refreshing mechanism

From: "JeffreyHo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:11:29 +0800

Dear all,

I would like to ask a question about the lifetime of the stored data and
refresh behavior sequentially. 
The 'lifetime' field of RELOAD's StoredData structure specifies the validity
period for the data, that is the expiration time in the overlay.  So if the
data owner wants to keep the data previously stored still validity, the
refresh behavior is necessary, just like the registration refresh in SIP
Concept. 
Based on the StoredData structure if we want to do refresh for the data, it
seems that we can just send StoreReq with the content of data again to renew
the 'lifetime' value.  Am I right?  If so, this seems in the wasted way.
Can we have an efficient way to do the refresh behavior, for example just
bringing the lifetime value to be renewed for the data, not going along with
the data content?  It could be like the refresh mechanism of SIP
registration or presence publication.  Should we go this way?    

Thanks a lot.

BR,
Jeffrey

%;+H%s%i/`%]'t$u,c0|>w1K8j0T!A+D+|)w$'&,%s*L!A=P$E(O%N)N4&ES%;+H%s$:.e!A(C=P>P74&9+H%s!C
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

---

From: "JeffreyHo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 17:00:44 +0800

Dear all,

Any comments or idea on this question?
I think if we can just specify the refresh purpose in the StoreReq instead
of sending a full StoreReq for refresh, it can mitigate the traffic load,
right?
Welcome to any discussion and feedback.

BR,
Jeffrey   

  _____ 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
JeffreyHo
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 3:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 沈婉婉shen
Subject: [P2PSIP] [p2psip] asking about the lifetime of the stored data
andrefreshing mechanism

Dear all,

Thanks a lot.

BR,
Jeffrey

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊，非指定之收件者，請勿使用或揭露本信件內容，並請
銷毀此信件。
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or
disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.

本信件可能包含工研院機密資訊，非指定之收件者，請勿使用或揭露本信件內容，並請銷毀此信件。
This email may contain confidential information. Please do not use or disclose it in any way and delete it if you are not the intended recipient.