Subject: [P2PSIP] Skipping "sip:" prefix in hash input for Resource ID

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 09:14:53 -0800

Hi,

In the current sip-03 draft, the access policy is USER-NODE-MATCH, which 
requires the AOR matches the rfc822Name in the X509v3 certificate 
(section 10.3 of base-06 draft).

rfc822Name is in the format of "name@domain", so the usual SIP AOR 
format "sip:name@domain" is not a valid rfc822Name for the X509v3 
certificate. Therefore, when obtaining the Resource ID from a SIP AOR, 
the input to the hashing function must skip the "sip:" prefix.

I just want all the principals to verify this and may be noted for 
implementers in the draft.

Thanks

--Michael

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:38:02 -0500

Michael,
I do as you mention, drop the four character prefix "sip:" and hash the AOR.

Julian Cain

On Jan 16, 2010, at 12:14 PM, Michael Chen wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> In the current sip-03 draft, the access policy is USER-NODE-MATCH, which requires the AOR matches the rfc822Name in the X509v3 certificate (section 10.3 of base-06 draft).
> 
> rfc822Name is in the format of "name@domain", so the usual SIP AOR format "sip:name@domain" is not a valid rfc822Name for the X509v3 certificate. Therefore, when obtaining the Resource ID from a SIP AOR, the input to the hashing function must skip the "sip:" prefix.
> 
> I just want all the principals to verify this and may be noted for implementers in the draft.
> 
> Thanks
> 
> --Michael
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip