Subject: [P2PSIP] Message extensions in draft-ietf-p2psip-base

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 00:41:10 +0300

Hi,

I looked at the message extension in section 5.3.3

struct {

           MessageExtensionType  type;

           Boolean               critical;

           opaque                extension_contents<0..2^32-1>;

         } MessageExtension;

         struct {

           uint16                 message_code;

           opaque                 message_body<0..2^32-1>;

           MessageExtensions      extensions<0..2^32-1>;

         } MessageContents;

Does this mean that any new extension is defined for all message_codes
specified in section 13.7. So if I want to add a message extension to one
message for example ping_ans it applies to all other messages?

Roni Even

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:09:43 -0700

Well, the code point would be globally reserved, but you could just write
spec language that said it could only be used in ping.

-Ekr

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Roni Even <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip
>
>