Subject: [P2PSIP] Getting the configuration document

From: Frederic-Philippe Metz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:06:54 +0200

Hi all,

section 3.6.1 describes how to get the configuration document.

The sentence "The node does a DNS SRV lookup on the overlay name to
get the address of a configuration server." is quite unclear.

Does that mean that there's a SRV lookup for _https._tcp.example.org ?

At the end of the day, when the HTTP Server is found, does the HTTP
Request then is initiated to the HTTP Server's root ? (i.e. GET
http://example.org/ HTTP/1.1)

I Think it will be more symmetric to have a procedure analogue to the
process of the enrollment server described in 10.2, meaning to have a
service name of "p2psip_config" and finally appending a (in the URL) a
path of "/p2psip/config"  (i.e. finally
"https://example.com/p2psip/config") ?

Any comments ?

Cheers,
  Frederic

---

From: jc <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 09:36:08 -0400

Hi,
This is fully defined in the draft. I'm not sure how it's "unclear".  
Seems you've misread.

-j

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 17, 2010, at 4:06 AM, Frederic-Philippe Metz <[email-masked] 
 > wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> P2PSIP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/p2psip