Subject: [P2PSIP] draft-ietf-p2psip-base-12 (5)

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 15:42:36 -0800

More questions and comments...

A.36. Section 2 "Each Kind is identified with a unique IANA assigned integer
called a Kind-ID."

According to 13.6, Kind-IDs in the 0xf0000001 to 0xfffffffe are not IANA
assigned.  Same thing in the second paragraph of 4.1.

A.37. Section 5.3.3.1

Error_In_Progress is missing.

Also the definition for Error_Config_Too_New does not match 5.3.2.1.

A.38. Section 5.5.1.1. 'rel_addr_port corresponds to the rel-addr and rel-port
productions.  Only present for type "relay".'

In ICE, the rel address and port are also present for srflx and prflx candidates.

A.39. Section 6.2.2

I am not really sure to understand how the "exists=False" are synthesized when
doing a Fetch on an array.  For example if a Store was made for an object with
an index of 0xfffffffe, and the Fetch requests the whole array, will the answer
contains 4294967294 "exists=False" objects?

A.40. Section 6.4.3.2

If exist is False, should the hash_value be the hash value of an empty byte
array (i.e. da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 for SHA-1) or be omitted?

A.41. Section 10.1 expiration definition

I think that it would be a good idea to say that a Node should wait a random
time after the expiration time before retrieving the file again from the
configuration server to not crash it and to let ConfigUpdate do its job.

A.42. Section 10.1 client-permitted definition

I have no idea how an overlay can enforce this.  All nodes starts as clients, so
how an overlay is supposed to know the difference between a real client and a
client that yet had to do the steps required to become a peer?

A.43. Section 10.1 Element signature

What certificate should be used to compute (and verify) the signature for the
whole configuration file?

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org