Subject: [P2PSIP] draft-petithuguenin-p2psip-access-control-02

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:56:52 -0700

I waited for base-14 to be released this but as the -base authors are currently
unresponsive and I do not think that it is good for discussions to wait the
cut-off date to publish documents, I decided to go ahead:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-petithuguenin-p2psip-access-control/

The most important with this new version is the availability of a reference
implementation, which contains a library that can be used to test new access
control policy scripts.  To not pollute this mailing list with irrelevant stuff,
there will be a blog post (see the URL in my signature) explaining how to use
this feature - well, as soon Blogger is no longer in read-only mode.

Changelog:

   o  Made clear that an unsigned kind with this extension must be
      rejected.
   o  Removed the kind.params array, and converted the max-count, max-
      size and max-node-multiple as Number objects.  Fixed the examples.
   o  Removed the parsing of extensions in the kind element.  The former
      system did not work with namespaces or attributes, and the right
      solution (XPath) is probably too complex.  The value of the
      parameters can still be manually mirrored in the script, so there
      is perhaps no need for the added complexity.  Also fixed the
      examples.
   o  Reference draft-p2psip-share instance of draft-p2psip-disco.
   o  Added a "Running Code Considerations" section that contain the
      reference to the reference implementation and script tester.
   o  Nits

- -- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Personal email: [email-masked]
Professional email: [email-masked]
Blog: http://blog.marc.petit-huguenin.org