Subject: [P2PSIP] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-petithuguenin-vipr-proportional-quota-00.txt

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 09:32:27 -0700

As instructed by our AD[1] after the meeting in Quebec City, I moved this draft
back to the VIPR WG.

The main change in this version is that the quota does not apply to replicas
(this change was made after discussion with the developers of the only known
deployed implementation of this algorithm).  The reason is that because there
can be huge difference in the fraction of the overlay owned by each peer,
entries are likely to be lost during replication.  Because the storing peer of
the replication verifies that the source of the replication is valid, this
should not create the possibility to store more entries than permitted by the
quota mechanism (see section 6.4.1.1 of draft-ietf-p2psip-base).

Changelog:

o  The quota does not apply to replicas.
o  Draft moved to VIPR WG.
o  Nits.

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vipr/current/msg00040.html

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-petithuguenin-vipr-proportional-quota-00.txt
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 09:12:05 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Proportional Quota in REsource LOcation And Discovery (RELOAD)
	Author(s)       : Marc Petit-Huguenin
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
                          Cullen Jennings
	Filename        : draft-petithuguenin-vipr-proportional-quota-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2011-10-23

   This document defines an extension to RELOAD [I-D.ietf-p2psip-base]
   that limits the number of a specific kind element that can be stored
   by one RELOAD peer.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-vipr-proportional-quota-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-petithuguenin-vipr-proportional-quota-00.txt