Subject: [Pals] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 15:29:42 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few editorial comments:

- Please expand PW, H-VPLS and PBB-VPLS on first mention. (The
abbreviation list is helpful, but it's still good to expand them in place
on first mention.)

- section 1, first paragraph:

s/withdrawl/withdrawal

- section 3: "A single bit (called A-bit) is set to indicate if a MAC
withdraw message is for ACK"

I don't understand what this means, and I don't find any further
explanation of the A-Bit. Do you mean to say that the MAC withdraw
message requires an ACK? Isn't that always true? If the A-bit is already
defined elsewhere, a citation would be helpful.

- Paragraph starting with "Only half of the sequence number space is
used. "

It seems odd to find that between the descriptions of the A and R bits.
Does it relate to the A-Bit, or does it stand alone? (I gather the
latter.)

- There's an empty "Informative References" section.