Subject: [Pals] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:48:17 -0700

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-mpls-tp-mac-wd/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Just total nit-level stuff here, mostly unexpanded abbreviations that
should be expanded.  

Note to responsible AD: While "MAC", by itself, still needs to be
expanded (because of multiple possible meanings), "MAC address", as a
unit, probably qualifies for flagging in the RFC Editor's abbreviation
list as not requiring expansion.

-- Abstract --
PW, VPLS, H-VPLS
(Because the abstract has to stand alone.)

-- Introduction --
PBB.  It would also help to have a forward pointer to Section 2, though I
honestly don't know how to do that without having it look silly.

-- Section 2 --
For MPLS, "Multiprotocol" (one word, no capital "P") is the preferred
spelling.
For PW, "Pseudowire" (no capital "W") is the preferred spelling.

-- Section 3 --
H-VPLS

-- Section 4.2 --

   A MAC withdraw message with 'R' bit set MUST be processed by
   resetting the send and receive sequence number first.

I suggest making it "the send-and-receive sequence number" (with
hyphens), so no one thinks there are two sequence numbers (and gets
confused by it not being "numbers").