Subject: [Pals] RFC 8339 on Definition of P2MP PW TLV for Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 15:40:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8339

        Title:      Definition of P2MP PW TLV 
                    for Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping 
                    Mechanisms 
        Author:     P. Jain, Ed.,
                    S. Boutros, 
                    S. Aldrin
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 18964
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pals-p2mp-pw-lsp-ping-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8339

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8339

Label Switched Path (LSP) Ping is a widely deployed Operation,
Administration, and Maintenance (OAM) mechanism in MPLS networks.
This document describes a mechanism to verify connectivity of
Point-to-Multipoint (P2MP) Pseudowires (PWs) using LSP Ping.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC