Subject: [Pals] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 08:16:58 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire And LDP-enabled Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of Ethernet Control Word RECOMMENDED
        Authors         : Stewart Bryant
                          Andrew G Malis
                          Ignas Bagdonas
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-05.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2018-04-16

Abstract:
   The pseudowire (PW) encapsulation of Ethernet, as defined in RFC
   4448, specifies that the use of the control word (CW) is optional.
   In the absence of the CW an Ethernet pseudowire packet can be
   misidentified as an IP packet by a label switching router (LSR).
   This in turn may lead to the selection of the wrong equal-cost-multi-
   path (ECMP) path for the packet, leading in turn to the misordering
   of packets.  This problem has become more serious due to the
   deployment of equipment with Ethernet MAC addresses that start with
   0x4 or 0x6.  The use of the Ethernet PW CW addresses this problem.
   This document recommends the use of the Ethernet pseudowire control
   word in all but exceptional circumstances.

   This document updates RFC 4448.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:20:27 +0100

This version addresses Yuanlong's comments as noted in my email earlier 
today.

I think that this is now ready to go to the IESG as soon as Matthew 
writes up his Shepherd's report.

- Stewart

On 16/04/2018 16:16, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Pals mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pals