Subject: [Pals] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 19:59:55 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pals-ethernet-cw/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Others have mentioned it seems odd that the document says (in several places)
that it recommends use of the CW, but section 4 says "MUST". In particular, the
document _title_ says RECOMMENDED in all caps, which could be interpreted as an
attempt at normative language.  I think this is likely to confuse at least some
readers.

§3: The "recent posting" is from 2016. Calling that "recent" is already a bit
dated.